Fan and Vacuum not properly exposed to Google Assistant / Google Home app

I’ve connected HA to Google Assistant / the Google Home app using the manual setup process. It’s working mostly perfectly; all my components are fine except my fan and vacuum cleaner, which otherwise work fine when controlled using HA. Hoping to check I’m not guilty of user error before pursuing a bug report.

For the fan:

• Voice controls work for on/off, but not for speed control.
  • In-app control doesn’t work for power toggle OR speed control
  • The in-app icon displays a gear in the corner and has no on-screen controls. Selecting it takes me to the settings page in the Google Home app.

For the vacuum:

• Controls do not work in-app OR by voice. (Google Assistant tells me there was an error when I try to turn on/off the vacuum)
  • Similar to the fan, the icon has a gear in the corner and tapping it takes me to the settings page.

Screenshots below showing the gear icons and settings page showing they’re successfully imported from HA:

I can confirm the vacuum part. I just added a Roborock S5 to my configuration and exposed it to Google Assistant and it is as the OP described. Can’t control it in any way and Google Assistant claims that it cannot control due to an error.

You should open a new bug or since many devices seem to show this kind of behavior lately I don’t know if those could be merged into one ticket.
I’m only saying this because I already have opened a bug for the exact same reason for some Xiaomi Temperature/Humidity sensors.

Ticket here:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/24684

1 Like

Same - in the home app, fans show up with gear icon and clicking on them shows general device settings

Vacuum still not working :frowning:

Has there been any updates with this? I am having the same issue with my iFan03 flashed with tasmota. I too have manually configured Google assistant and have exposed the fan in my yaml file.

The funny thing is the light works perfectly but the fan speeds are missing and the status in Google home is inaccurate.

I am pretty sure this is still an issue.
At least I am still experiencing the above behavior. Not sure if the problem is in homeassistant or google assistant though