Fan-control-entity-row implementation issues

hey guys

i wanted to create a fan speed control entity on my home assistant dashboard and i came across fan-control-entity-row but i keep getting the error that Custom element doesn’t exist: fan-control-entity-row.

i’ve created the www folder under configs…added the js file to it and restarted quite a few times but it seems to not find it. i tried changing www to local but it still doesnt work. my current code is below. what am i missing here?

cards:
  - entities:
      - customTheme: false
        entity: fan.living_room_fan
        name: Living Room Fan
        type: 'custom:fan-control-entity-row'
    show_header_toggle: false
    title: Fans
    type: entities
type: vertical-stack

What was the method used to copy the js file from the repo?

Did you download the repo as a zip, click on the file in the repo then click on “raw” then copy the contents of the window, or did you just copy the contents of the first window (not “raw”)?

either of the first two options should work. the last won’t work.

i downloaded the zip, extracted it then copied the specific js file from there and pasted it in the www folder under config

Did you enter the plugin into your resources: section of lovelace?

Do you run lovelace in yaml mode or configure thru the UI?

What does that entry look like?

i am configuring through the UI - where is the resources section of lovelace if i am using UI?

I don’t use the ui but I believe you need to go to where ever the editor is and I think in the top right corner there will be a three-dot menu. In there is a “raw” selection or something like that.

once you open that you need to edit the raw file and add to the top:

resources:

- url: /local/lovelace/fan-control-entity-row.js
    type: js

but of course you need to make sure the path is correct for your install.

/local/ is the correct path for the /www/ directory. As an example mine actually is located at “/config/www/lovelace/…” but the /"config/www/gets referenced as “/local/” in the code.

thank you that worked - once i added the resource to the raw editor the fan control entity shows up in the dashboard. much appreciated

1 Like