Fan Control / Set speed - Working Quick setup

should be in the homeassistant home directory just called www

Thank You! Got it going

Just updated it so that if you’re using custom themes it will feed in the right colors. Instead of having the button colors hard coded.

1 Like

Nice. I like it.

But now I’m not sure if I like mine or yours better. I do kind of like the obvious on/off colors of mine though. :thinking:

But it’s good to have choices! :slightly_smiling_face:

Gave ya credit in the first post. Also i decided to change to the color values to come from the theme less file so that it incorporates better with theming.

Yeah, I saw that. Thank you! No complaints at all. Sorry if it came across that way. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey - it seems something in 0.88 broke this. It displays but the buttons are not clickable. I think it is that paper-button has been remove; but replacing with mwc-button doesn’t solve it

@jwelter hmm are you running lovelace ui?

I saw that warning but I haven’t updated to v88 yet. And I likely won’t for a few days at least. I like to let the dust settle on a new update before I take the plunge. I’ve got an updated version of the card ready to try as soon as I update.

In the meantime, @jwelter what does the dev console say (F12 in chrome)? Any errors?

Yes running Lovelace and it was working great on 87 release.

Hi, yes cleared cache and in the dev console no errors are thrown… Very odd.

If I dont have the ui-lovelace.yaml file where should I add this one ?
I am managing Lovelace from the GUI

Thanks

I managed to get the fan control buttons fixed. see this thread for the code:

I don’t use the GUI but my understanding is that you click the three dot menu in the top right and in there should be another three dot menu then in there you open the raw editor. then you can paste the code in there in the correct place.

Broke in 0.88 - 0.88.1

I just tried to convert an old non-smart fan that I’ve been controlling with a broadlink RM Pro from HA to a real fan component and I realized that the way my component works it would give an error on trying to turn that type of fan off.

I made a modification to my fan control and since it’s becoming kind of its own entity at this point I decided to create it’s own thread so I don’t keep stepping on @undertoe’s toes. :wink:

Here is the thread:

I made a few more modifications to the component. The theme is now pretty much fully customizable (within the parameters of a standard 3 speed fan).

See my other thread for details if you’re interested.

Fan Control Entity Row

Hi, is there any chance we can do this for smartir fan? thanks.

I confirm. Reverted back to single switch and drop down when clicked on. No errors to aid in diagnosis.

You should be able to use it for any three speed fan. You just have to make sure you have the speeds available as off, low, med and high.