About a year ago we took Home Assistant and started to enhance it so that it could became the UI for our farm centric wireless telemetry solution - AgSense NZ’ Farm Assistant.
This included many small features and enhancements:
- Changing zone metaphor to be a single zone for the farm
- Integrating IBM’s node-red (http://nodered.org)
- Integrating an alternative map supplier http://linz.govt.nz)
- Integrating camera/image support
- Integrating an alternative chart provider with support for CSV download and week, month, year history)
Today, we are nearly there. However, the devil is always in the detail.
The project has not been open sourced but may be in the future. Right now we are looking for other farm/agricultural (hub spoke type) IoT developers who may be interested in sharing and contributing to the project and leveraging off of our efforts.