Feature Request: ability to remove/hide header for a dashboard

Hi guys

In the past there were some projects to hide the header.
This is useful for smaller screens because:

• the header items become smaller too and on a RPi touchscreen for example or a tablet as wallpanel, this is not really convenient
  • you gain valuable screen surface

I really hope this might be considered as an option again for a single dashboard and fellow users think the same.

Please vote for this!
Nick

Should be possible with card mod:

In addition to card-mod, where you need to configure this yourself, there already is a custom-card for that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks guys, will have a look at @paddy0174’s suggestion.

I wonder why this is not considered as a standard feature, is this because of most users having multiple views?
On the other hand, I see quite some projects with touchscreens…

I’m doing some experiments with a panel wide view with the custom swipe card.
This becomes more intuitive on a larger touchscreen.
With a mobile phone, you already hold the device in your hand which makes it easier to tap on smaller icons but with a desk or wall dashboard, it’s not that handy to switch views with the header items.

1 Like

Bump.

Fully Kiosk is no longer supported so features are failing. Sidebar can be removed, but we can no longer hide the header bar.

I agree with @Nick4, this needs to be a standard Home Assistant option. Why allow for custom displays if Home Assistant won’t play nice without the need for a 3rd party add-on line Fully Kiosk?

6 Likes

Hey Zach, just want to join you in this. Up until today I had managed to hide the blue bar on my Android App somehow, but after a new login i appear to be stuck with it. Really frustrating as it throws off the theme I so carefully put together!

Hi, seems Kiosk mode is giving issues now on 2023.4 , how do you guys hide the header now?

1 Like

Likewise, the latest Ha or card mod seems to have broken kiosk mode

1 Like

Seems this one is still maintaned, i had the old version

The error exists on that, but the bug has been noted and hopefully a fix on the way

2 Likes

Guys, have a look at GitHub - thomasloven/hass-browser_mod: 🔹 A Home Assistant integration to turn your browser into a controllable entity and media player
This integration can do that and more.

1 Like

Hmm, seems browser mod, at side panel is complete blank, I don’t see anything there… Need to have a look tomorrow again

I really wish this was just a first-class feature of Home Assistant instead of something you install mods and 3rd party libraries to do. Dashboard panels are very popular/common in the HA community.

temporary version of kiosk-mode was provided for those that can’t wait.

1 Like

I tried browser mode, but top bar still there , only kios mode works well

It should work well though…
Did you clear your browser cache?

You could ask for help in Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

yeah, wiped cache, also ctrl - f5 , incognito mode, always visible
back to kiosk mode

already asked on community forum

seems a known issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Owkay… thanks for posting this! :+1:
Haven’t updated yet so no issues here.