[Feature Request] Apple Health + badge number + [Bug] password change

Hi Robbie,

I love your app a lot, but I have the following remarks:

• Would it be possible to let the app read the Apple Health data and add it as sensors to HA?
  • Could you see if it’s possible to change the badge number without having to send a message to the app? I want to add an automation to use the badge number of the app to represent the minutes my wife is away from home, but don’t want to get a message each time as well.

I found a bug in the app: when I change the API password of HA in it’s config and open the app on my iphone, it fails to login and I’m presented the settings screen again, however when I type the new password in there, there is no button to validate it and the screen stays on this interface. If I restart the app, the new password isn’t saved and I’m stuck at this page. Deleting the app and restarting it also didn’t help, the previous settings where saved.

+1 for the badge update without a message.

I tried sending a badge number with the hidden message request_location_update but the badge data is ignored.

Message is required by Home Assistant. Maybe try sending a blank message? If that still generates a visible notification I can make a fix on the server side to change that.

I also think adding HealthKit data as sensors would be super cool!

Blank messages are not allowed by homeassistant.

tried just doing a space or some hidden character but it does not work. ( meaning the ios app shows a message anyways)

Maybe if you make a certain keyword like how “request_location_updates” works we can use that to update the badge icon.

I’ll try to get this fixed server side tonight.

This has been fixed. Send clear_badge as the message and the badge will be set to 0 with no visible notification.

Is the sensors for Apple Health also working?

HealthKit isn’t supported yet.

@robbiet480, Anyway you could update this to make it even more useful?

make the command message “set_badge” and then allow badge number to be set to anything without a visible notification?

{
  "message": "set_badge",
  "data": {
    "push": {
      "badge": 1
  }}
}

or

{
  "message": "set_badge",
  "data": {
    "push": {
      "badge": 0
  }}
}

As I stated in your other thread, your request is now possible..

I’ve published an updated statement on HealthKit support here.