Feature Request: GPT Chat Plugin

Introduction - OpenAI API

Hello everyone,

I would like to present a proposal for a Chat GPT plugin for Home Assistant.

This plugin would use Chat GPT technology to allow interaction with Home Assistant via chat.

Finding out the status of your home via chat: The GPT Chat Plugin would allow us to find out the current status of our home simply by asking. Instead of navigating through dashboards, we could simply type “What’s the temperature in the living room?” or “Is the garage door open?” and get an immediate answer. Of course you can also control the house via chat. For example, by typing “turn on the lights in the kitchen” or “turn on the alarm” you could execute commands without having to go through the Home Assistant interface.

I think this integration could bring a new level of convenience and flexibility to controlling our homes. Please consider this proposal, and if you have any ideas or suggestions on how to improve this concept, I would be happy to share them with you.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to our discussion.

Sincerely,
Martin Dybal

You do know ChatGPT’s database is more then 2 years old, hence it doesn’t know anything about current affairs? :thinking:

“Open the pod bay doors.”

Generative AI will have to pry HA access from my cold dead hands. I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that.

1 Like

You should think about what kind of access AI you want to give AI.

for example do you want AI to directly control traffic lights. Id say no. There should be a layer in between that gives a proven correct state"
Like a good old relay system that prevents conflicting lights that will cause an accident.

This is hard to accomplish in a home automation.
Lets assume you mean with your feature “I want AI to convert spoken words and conversations into home assistant understandable intents”
AI can execute any home assistant intent it wants. Based on what it assumes. sounds great.
But i pass until there is a none AI system below it preventing damage. And makes sure the AI only does things then I have spoken to it. stuff like that.

Now ChatGPT can google in fresh plugin

already using GitHub - jjbankert/hass_chatgpt: This is a custom integration for Home Assistant that allows you to interact with OpenAI's ChatGPT API.