Feature Request: Lovelace "Area Entities" Card

In the default Lovelace panel, it builds a card that has all of the entities under it that are in that area, and it automatically removes the area name from the entity name:

But when I create an entity card with Area components and name the card per an Area, it does not remove the name of the area from the name.

I am proposing a new card that is an “Area Entities” card. This card would, by default, include ALL entities within that area, but would be able to be pared down via UI (just like normal entities card). This card would retain a toggle and be named per the area by default.

This card would allow me to get my “Kitchen” card to look the same on my lights panel without having to delete “Kitchen” from every name (or override the name via YAML):

This would be an awesome addition! Any kind of mass name editing like this would be

#1 I think they roughly did this with the Area card (with room for improvement for sure)

#2 I believe this functionality is able to be done by adding “name: XXX” under the entity_id on most cards.

1 Like