FEIT Electric BPA800/RGBW/AG/2 Smart WiFi Bulb (Tuya)

Hi!

How can I tell which template I need? I applied the OM60 and the bulbs seem to mostly work in HA except for cold/warm white temp slider. Should I try the other template, or is there a more concrete/scientific way to determine the correct template?

Thanks!

anyone has ota tuya convert to flash tasmota guide? the above youtube is two hours long :frowning:

Wow, 2 hours is nuts. I don’t remember exactly what I did, but I definitely didn’t watch a 2 hour video. I maybe skipped around through it.

But the instructions are here:

yeah, actually following it and use template from database.

fyi, Costco has it on sale, $15 for 2 bulbs. I am getting 4 of them for my porch and garage.

Good point: The “official” profile is now in the database:

{“NAME”:" BPA800/RGBW/AG/2",“GPIO”:[0,0,0,0,140,37,0,0,38,142,141,0,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:18}
NOTE: There are two variants of this bulb, BPA800/RGBW/AG/2§ and BPA800/RGBW/AG/2 (this template). The additional key info from the same source:
Need to run setoption37 54 in the console to correct the RED and BLUE mismatch
This bulb seems to have hardware Gamma correction, so you need to make sure you disable Software Gamma Correction: LedTable 0
Don’t forget to set the SetOption19 1 to enable Home Assistant automatic discovery and you should be ready to go.
I also just did series of the OTA upgrades from Tasmota 6.6.0:
Upgraded to 7.2.0; Upgraded to 8.1.0; Next upgrade failed (assuming binary size issue).
So upgraded to 8.3.0 Minimal. That BEGS for upgrade! Upgraded to 8.3.0.
Now up-to-date and the WEB UI is great - much improved color control. Though once under HASS we may never need it again :wink:

I’ve got the plain unmodified version of these bulbs. When I open it in the Tuya Smart Life app, I’m able to control on/off, brightness, and color temperature. The RGB doesn’t show up at all. I’ve got the HASS integration and it’s the same story there. Is this normal?.. is there any way to get the RGB control up?

1 Like

This worked for me, well warm cold still wrong way around

{"NAME":"Feit Bulb","GPIO":[255,255,255,255,141,140,255,255,38,142,37,255,255],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}

This worked for me, well warm cold still wrong way around

{"NAME":"Feit Bulb","GPIO":[255,255,255,255,141,140,255,255,38,142,37,255,255],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}

Go to console and SetOption37 to 1

This works with your template on the bulbs I just got from Lowes that have the 2019 copyright on the bottom of the box.

2 Likes

Have you had any luck getting this answered?

I just tried the latest tuya-convert and the new-api, neither worked on bulbs from costco in Dec 2020 with these markings:

BPA800/RGBW/AG/2(P)

Under the WiFi logo: 228-20-42

FCCID: SYW-A19RGBWAGT2

The bulb would go from fast flash to solid while the smartconfig was trying to work, but would ultimately fail.

I get a connection, but nothing else:
smarthack-wifi.log:wlan0: AP-STA-CONNECTED d4:a6:51:XX:XX:XX
smarthack-wifi.log:wlan0: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED d4:a6:51:XX:XX:XX

Probably going to return them…

How are you guys getting color control in the tasmota ui? I get brightness and warm-cool sliders only with the above templates.

I just purchased these and was able to download the tuyasmart app and set them up within that. I then used the home assistant tuya integration in order to get them to show up in HA. I then had to customize the light entity to change supported features to 63.

I’m now able to control full color on this bulb from HA. It’s not local but it is working.

1 Like

Glad it still works on tuya. My local costco out of stock so I ordered online and will be arrive soon.

Do yours still work for RGB? I got a bunch of these recently as well, they always worked with white with the cold/warm slider. At first the RGB did not work, but then for a few days it did, but then it went back to not working a few days later. I didn’t make any changes to the supported features though, this just happened on its own. I’ve tried changing the supported features to 63 with no luck on mine.

edit: I was not including my customizations.yaml into my main configuration.yaml. Works now!

Yes, mine work for RGB using the standard tuya integration:

I use the light-entity-card (Light Entity Card) to change them:

Only thing I changed beyond default was customization.yaml:

light.bulb_xxxx_desk_light:
  supported_features: 63
light.bulb_xxxx_chandelier:
  supported_features: 63
3 Likes

I just bought these from Costco for $10 a 2 pack. I was bummed that smart life said it wasn’t supported, so I downloaded the feit app, set it up, and kept looking for a feit integration. This post made me delete feit app and readd it to smart life. It stills says it isn’t supported, but it showed right up in HA. I checked the box “force color” and all is well with these bulbs. I definitely need to buy more. Now I just need a single R30 bulb!

1 Like

Update: After having successfully re-flashed few Feit Electric BPA800/RGBW/AG2 (first over serial and later using Tuya Convert) I bought another pair in Costco (California). January 2022.
The bulbs are labeled BPA800/RGBW/AG/2. Sadly I can only confirm that the design is different and doesn’t work with the OTA update and probably not with Tasmota at all.
I prefer not using the Tuya integration - assuming that to control my own bulb on my home network HA would have to talk through an API over the Internet(?) Please correct me if the integration does spoof the Tuya cloud locally - that would be a sweet alternative.
Probably going back to Costco.

Correct.

Unfortunately it does not.
Ref: Tuya - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

I recall there were discussions on some 3rd party codes for “local tuya” maybe a couple of months ago.
So maybe someone else (who is using the “local tuya”) could help answer: Is that still working these days? Is that local API phasing out / is tuya closing the doors in the near future? Does that support everything that tuya’s cloud-based API would support? Do users still have to jump through the hoops?

1 Like

Troy, @tman75 were you using Tuya integration, or something else? I also was able to connect mine via Smart Life with full functionality, and it is discoverable with Tuya, though looking to add to HA preferably without having to use Tuya.

I am using the standard Tuya integration.