Feit Electric integration

@mamssw for your local tuya setup, did you attempt to block any outbound internet connections in the tuya devices? I had tried this in the past and that would cause the devices to not work. Curious if you had any luck now. Thanks.

No have not tried that! Definitely, something to look into to escape the cloud!

Did you have to change any firmware? I’m confused as to whether or not Feit electric products work with Tuya or not.

No, I didn’t make any firmware changes! I don’t think Feit products are fully compatible with Tuya. My Light bulbs just turned on and off, the dimmers were the only things that seemed to work appropriately. LocalTuya gave full access to the dimming and color wheel/Temp. Configuring is a little tricky but I was able to figure it out with a little troubleshooting.

1 Like

Care to share how you did the local tuya on these devices?

1 Like

Yes please if you can share how you got it working in tuya local that would be much appreciated

1 Like

Hi,
could you please share with us the configuration?

1 Like

Hi
Spent a couple of days trying to configure my Feit Electric smart bulb (bought from Costco). Read multiple forums and watch a lot of YouTube. I finally found a youtube video which helped me fully control the bulb. So thanks to Juan Isytec (🥇 Integracion TUYA LUCES en ✅ Home Assistant por LAN [Capitulo 3] ESPAÑOL 🇪🇸 - YouTube). It’s in Spanish which I don’t understand but thankfully I could follow the instructions from the visuals.
I got to the point where I could switch the bulb on/off fairly quickly but controlling the brightness, temperature and colour I hit a wall until I watch that youtube video.

Here is the configuration I used:

Note: The values of the drop-downs may change but I believe the order is important. i.e. The “ID” should select 1, Brightness = 3, Color Temperature = 4, Color Mode = 2, Color = 5 and Scene = 6 (or 9 as shown in the image above).

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Anyone try getting this bulb working? Totally would get one if someone confirms it working.

Feit Electric ST2160

still works

I watched that video too. Where did he get the code capture from ?
Is that just the HA xml page or what ?

I am trying to get a full tcdump of my switches right now and will see if that shows anything.

1 Like

So, there’s a feature on YouTube that allows you to translate subtitles. I decided to give it a try and it’s not terrible. Thanks for the link!

Nothing I have tried works with these beyond being able to turn the bulb on and off, but I haven’t tried tuya local. For now I have them connected to the feit app then have node red give commands with alexa media player. It works however is far from ideal… but the bulbs are cool.

i don’t see it mentioned but these feit switches from costco also work on the smartlife app from tuya.

They also “work” with local Tuya.

They do work with Tula. A 3 pack of switches on black friday is $20 at costco. After running 6 of them for a year, i did my whole house recently for approx $200. Works great, never had an issue.

I think it is about time that we ask Costco Issaquah (the HQ) to look at locally capable Home Automation hardware. IMO, Feit is a poor attempt at home automation, both in its hardware offerings and the cloud-based services.

Hi All! It seems like there may have been an update of some sort with the Tuya SmartLife app. I was able to add the Costco bulbs to the app without any issue or re-programming. I was then able to pull them right in to Home Assistant with the Tuya integration!