FFMPEG Frame grabber on RTSP stream IPcamera

Hi All,

I am using a Openwrt 4.9.120, using ffmpeg -version
ffmpeg version 3.2.10 Copyright © 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers

I am trying to get a frame from the RTSP stream, and i have followed this forum, but unfortunately i have not got the success.

Regards
Rg

I don’t really understand what you’re doing there. It looks like almost random (and conflicting) arguments to ffmpeg. In the second ffmpeg cmd you select the HEVC (x265, which isn’t installed) codec for your rtsp stream which is h264.

Anyway, try this

ffmpeg -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://user:[email protected]:554/Channels/101/ -f image2 -vframes 1 -y -loglevel warning out.jpg

Hi HeylmAlex,

Please see the attached screenshot.

Regards
Rg

I think the error is pretty self explanatory. There is a missing encoder / filter which is not installed. Make sure libx264 is installed for h264 decoding.

Also make sure your RTSP URL is correct. Test it with VLC.

Hi Alex,

I have installed the ffmpeg on Openwrt router using opkg install ffmpeg, i guess it should install everything. Even i have tried on VLC and i can see the streaming.

Regards
RG

I know nothing about openwrt. But on some platforms, certain builds of ffmpeg come without codecs like h264 or hevc due to patent issues. You need to make sure to have a full build installed, with all the required codec dependencies.

FYI, the screen grab command line I posted above is in daily use on my setup and it works perfectly.

Oh and you need to reply to peoples posts, not just to your own thread. Otherwise we won’t be notified of your replies and forget about your topic :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Alex,

Please see this link https://forum.openwrt.org/t/capture-rtsp-stream-from-ip-camera/42480

Thanks for your replies.

Regards
RG