Fibaro and Inovelli scenes not working

…what am I missing? I have added the code to the zwcfg.xml file and am not seeing the scene_id, scene_data, or zwave.scene_activated or anything else in events, services, entities??

There must be a step I have missed…any one help please??

Post an example of your automation code.

I have not written any automation because I am not seeing any events to use, do not know what I would input into the required field. The only thing I see being passed to HA is the button being woke up briefly, very briefly. The Inovelli dimmer switch works as before but also does not pass on anything to HA when I press either of the scene buttons 2 - 5 times…

There are some examples of the event data and automations in the docs.

Are you listening for zwave.scene_activated events in the Dev Tools?

Also post the contents of OZW_Log.txt when you press the buttons.

Am not seeing that listed as an event to listen for, I will add it manually…

ok, was just about to paste the ozw log:

2020-03-05 00:10:59.711 Detail, Node031, Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x1f, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03, 0x83, 0x80, 0x01, 0xb0
2020-03-05 00:10:59.712 Detail,
2020-03-05 00:10:59.712 Info, Node031, Received Central Scene set from node 31: scene id=1 in 7680 seconds. Sending event notification.
2020-03-05 00:10:59.712 Detail, Node031, Refreshed Value: old value=7680, new value=7680, type=int
2020-03-05 00:10:59.712 Detail, Node031, Changes to this value are not verified
2020-03-05 00:10:59.712 Detail, Node031, Notification: ValueChanged

The event data would be:

scene_id: 1
scene_data: 7680

If you go to Dev Tools -> Events and listen to zwave.scene_activated you should see that event being detected.

1 Like

thats has helped, getting somewhere now, didnt know that I had to add that manually, thought it would self populate…

scene_id and scene_data…shall I add these too?
never mind, I see it now lol

Thank you!

so I have to click start listening under events every time?

If you leave the page, it looks like it. If you stay on the page it’s always listening until you stop it.

yeah thats what I have, that sucks, every time you leave the page it stops listening. Kind of defeats the purpose imho. There must be a way to have it listening all the time, I’ll check into it tomorrow, but I think if you knew you would have told me, thanks for your help!

I think you’ll find all the numbers you need are already in the docs.

1 Like

You can also open two browser windows, one listening to the events and another for doing whatever else it is you need to do. :wink:

1 Like

ok, so I have all the right information now showing up in the developer tools event log when listening to zwave scene activated, I see changes in the scene id and scene data dependant on how many pushes, but my simple test automation is not working, its works when executed within the automation gui but not in real life, yet the data still shows in the event log

- id: '1583388558916'
  alias: Z Wave Button test
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - event_data:
      entity_id: zwave.fibaro_system_fgpb101_button_2
      node_id: 31
      scene_data: 7680
      scene_id: 1
    event_type: zwave.scene_activated
    platform: event
  condition: []
  action:
  - data: {}
    entity_id: group.living_room
    service: light.toggle

Try dropping the entity_id from event_data. Granted I’m using node-red for my automatons, but I only use node_id, scene_data, and scene_id.

1 Like

thanks, that was it! I had tried with and without some of the other data but thought that was crucial, turns out not so much!