Fibaro Component how to trigger on scene activation?

Hi,
I am currently trying the Fibaro Hub component.

How do I catch a event like this one below:
2019-06-04 20:03:44 DEBUG (StateHandler) [homeassistant.components.fibaro] <- schlafzimmer_licht_69.sceneActivation = 26

I tried several listen_event combinations e.g.:
self.listen_event(self.button_press, "schlafzimmer_licht_69.sceneActivation")
But it does not trigger.

Thanks Dirk

1 Like

Do it like this:

self.listen_event(self.button_press)

and in the button_press method add a log like this:

def button_press(self, event_name, data, kwargs):
    self.log(data)

This will log all the events. Please show you log after implementing this and pressing a button.

Hi, thanks.

This:

import appdaemon.plugins.hass.hassapi as hass

class sceneID(hass.Hass):

def initialize(self): 

self.log(data)

fires an event on all my devices I still have included on my Aeotec Z-Stick with OZW.
On the switch I am looking after (Fibaro Dimmer 2 included on my HC2) it does nothing!

Best regards Dirk

What is it exactly that you are trying to do?

Hi,
I want to use the S2 Button on a FGD212 to toggle a HomeMatic Relais.

On OZW I caught the SceneID to toggle the Relais. I’m looking at the HC2 because I am unhappy with OZW’s reliability. My Fibaro Dimmers, Single and Double Switches do not reliably update their status unless I poll them.

Thanks Dirk

Sorry, I don’t get it.

How is the FGD212 connected to Home Assistant? How is the Relais connected to Home Assistant?
Are you trying to capture an event which you saw in OZW within AppDaemon?

Hi,
the FGS212 is connected to the Fibaro HC2, the HomeMatic Relais to the CCU3 Gateway. Both, HC2 and CCU3 are connected to Home-Assistant.

Yes, I’m trying to capture SceneID 26 send by the FGD212,with Appdaemon, as I did with OZW before!

Thanks Dirk

So you do have an entity in Home Assistant called “switch.schlafzimmer_licht_69” or similar for the FGD 212?
Do you also have an entitiy for the HomeMatic Relay?

Correct, I have an entity called „light.schlafzimmer_licht_69“ for the fgd212. That entity controls the light directly connected to the Dimmer. I have set the fgd212 Parameter 20 = 0.
=> S1 controls the light bulb connected to the dimmer, S2 shall operate as scene controller only (which I want to capture).
The HomeMatic Relais has an entity as well.

Regards Dirk

Ok I read a bit about the Fibaro. Could you please try if this works?

self.listen_event(self.button_press, “zwave.scene_activated”, entity_id=“schlafzimmer_licht_69”, scene_id=“26”)

Hi,
that didn’t trigger either!

Thanks Dirk

Maybe like this:

self.listen_event(self.button_press, “zwave.scene_activated”, event_data={"entity_id"=“schlafzimmer_licht_69”, "scene_id"=26})

No, nothing either.
I’m afraid that “listen_event” doesn’t capture this type of event at all. Because it doesn’t event trigger on this one if I subscribe to all events :

Best regards Dirk

Can you show us how the entities from the Fibaro look like inside the “states” tool?

Can you please also show your configuration for the fibaro component?

Hi,
sorry for the late response.

“light.schlafzimmer_licht_69” has the following attributes in the states tool:

brightness: 255
current_power_w: 9.2
current_energy_kwh: 0.69
fibaro_id: 69
friendly_name: Deckenleuchte Schlafzimmer
supported_features: 1

Thanks Dirk

Could you please filter for ‘fibaro’ in the ‘attributes’ section and show all the entities there?

Is it correct that your dimmer is connected to the fibaro hub and you connected the fibaro hub to home assistant?

Maybe you did it, but just to be sure - have activated the scenes on the buttons zwave parameters? for example on fibaro shutters (v2) it is on P50.

Hi,

I have the same problem… Did you manage to catch the scene event from Fibaro hub in HA?
/Alex

Could you please listen to all events like this and show the output if you press a button on the fibaro?

import appdaemon.plugins.hass.hassapi as hass

class sceneID(hass.Hass):

def initialize(self): 

self.log(event_name)
    self.log(data)
    self.log(kwargs)

Hi Alex
no, I gave up on this. It seems to me that the HC2 is not exposing any useable scene IDs!

Br Dirk