Fibaro Door Sensor V2

Home assistant is running of a 3 year old version of OpenZwave. It will not be updating it. Instead a new system is being developed and will run in its own container next to home assistant. It’s currently in alpha and you can try it out yourself. It’s managed by the openzwave team and runs the latest version of openzwave. It will also get steady updates unlike the current home assistant zwave implementation.

1 Like

That’s certainly good news that we will eventually get up to date Zwave support sometime in the foreseeable future.

The deep sleep state problem however isn’t even an OpenZWave problem per-se (although it could certainly be handled on the OZW level too). In fact, since the HA Zwave integration keeps a copy of the state from all ZWave sensors as it is received by OZW, the deep sleep state could be trivially filtered out in the OZW - HA connection layer. But since it would be a breaking change (some people may use the 254 deep sleep state for god knows what reason) and since as you mentioned, they’re working on a completely new way to interact with OZW, the probability to get such a PR pushed through to core is pretty low at this point.

The new system uses mqtt which doesn’t have this problem. So you’re correct that nothing will be done. Because the new system has it solved

1 Like

Hello,

I copy-pasted your code but the binary sensor value is not changing, it stays to ‘off’ (closed), wathever the sensor value (22 or 23).

any idea why?

thanks and stay safe!

Mmm, compare with what I put here on GitHub maybe. Did you restart HA to ensure that the config is up to date?

But I moved over to the new integration, so I’m not using this method anymore as it’s no longer needed.

it still does not work.
What is the new method? with which integration?

thanks

This is the new integration.

Ive got three Fibaro Door/Window Sensors with Zwave+ in my setup and they work perfectly fine with the new integration

It works with this new integration !!!
thank you

1 Like

So, I succeed to install Open Zwave and MQTT, I added two fibaro door sensors V2, they work perfectly but after few hours I loose the communication with HA, HA seems to be stopped and I can not connect to it anymore. I need to restart completely HA. And again after few hours, I loose the commnuicatio with HA.
for me, it’s coming the integration of this sensor.

does anybody had already this issue?

my config:
version 0.113.1
Home Assistant Container install with Docker on a NAS Asustor
Zwave stick Aeotec Gen5

thanks

Do you have any other Zwave devices?

Check if you dont have ModemManager or similar service “taking over” your OZW dongle. Try reseating your Zwave dongle in usb port few times. Try using a 30cm/1m USB extension cable to move your dongle further away from a computer it is connected to.

Post your OZW log and send the link to Zwave masterminds on #zwave discord channel

I understood why I lost the communication with the sensors. It was just becquse the OZW docker did not restart when I restarted HA. I changed the restart rule and it works perfectly now.