Fibaro Double Switch 2 + Aeotech Z-Stick Gen5

Hi there

I’m very new to the world of z-wave so please take it easy on me.

I have a Fibaro Double Switch 2 that I just successfully managed to wire up myself (yay) and also got it to pair with the Z-stick. All good.

I added the 2 individual switches to the front end of hass.io but it seems like one of the switches is misbehaving.

Specifically, switch.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_switch doesn’t consistently switch the light on if I switch it on from HA and also vice versa, if I change the state of the light manually at the wall switch, it doesn’t update in HA. The other switch, switch.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_switch_2 seems to work ok though.

Have I done anything wrong, or any suggestions on what/where I can check to figure out why Switch 1 doesn’t work as well as Switch 2?

Ok so from my observations, one of the 2 Fibaro switches updates near instantly whether it’s via the physical switch or through hassio.

The other switch takes up to a minute or 2 to update the status in home assistant, whether it was updated in HA or at the physical switch.

Can someone suggest a way to debug this? I’m not great at deciphering OWZ logs.

What do I need to look for?

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
Sounds like the second switch state is being picked up correctly after polling, but it’s not sending it’s status correctly at event time.

Hi Feo,

How did you get your fgs223 to connect to your Z-stick? I’m having issues with this and could use some help. If you have any tips could you reply in my post below?

Many thanks!

UPDATE
I finally got the fibaro sensor to connect. Now I just need to figure out how to close the blinds using google home voice commands…

I have the same problem.
Can you telle me how you do to solve this problem of connection please.

I have and run both these devices.
I have a test rig 40cm from my pi with it’s Z-Stick
I power the device and select add node from the z-wave interface
(careful, you HAVE to add ‘some’ nodes as secure nodes to get full functionality, eg anything with a scene controller and the locks (obviously), the double switch didn’t need it)
After selecting the ‘add node’ (or ‘add secure node’) you triple click the devices ‘B Button’ it then takes 30 seconds or so to handshake and populate (be patient).
I then rename all the entities to my naming conventions and move to the next device. I then install the device in final locations as they become available.
Never had a problem so I don’t know what to suggest.

do you have the power management/meter also? I succesfully paired buth i dont have any power metering?

Yes both switches have power sensors and both have kWh sensors.
What entities do yours display

I have both switches and the zwave information entity itself from the fibaro buth nothing more :confused:
What am I doing wrong you think?

I think you may have no choice but to Remove Node.
Then re-Add Node but ‘close’ (within 1 metre) to your hub (that leaves issues where you relocate to final position and the node appears dead. operate the switch manually a couple of times (make sure it no longer appears dead via the z wave integration) then Heal the network - don’t do this regularly)
here is a copy of my double switch entity naming notes for reference : -

zwave.fibaro_system_fgs223_switch_switch
zwave.fib223_dblrly_flds
Switch Flood Lights

switch.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_switch_2
switch.fib223_dblrly_fldrear_sw1
Switch Flood Light Rear

switch.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_switch
switch.fib223_dblrly_fldside_sw2
Switch Flood Light Side

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_alarm_level
sensor.fib223_dblrly_flds_alarmlevel
Null Switch Flood Lights Alarm Level

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_alarm_type
sensor.fib223_dblrly_flds_alarmtype
Null Switch Flood Lights Alarm Type

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_energy
sensor.fib223_dblrly_fldrear_energy
Switch Flood Light Rear Energy

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_energy_2
sensor.fib223_dblrly_fldside_energy
Switch Flood Light Side Energy

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_exporting
sensor.fib223_dblrly_fldrear_exporting1
Null Switch Flood Light Rear Exporting1

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_exporting_2
sensor.fib223_dblrly_fldside_exporting2
Null Switch Flood Light Side Exporting2

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_heat
sensor.fib223_dblrly_flds_heat
Null Switch Flood Lights Heat

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_power
sensor.fib223_dblrly_fldrear_power1
Switch Flood Light Rear Power

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_power_2
sensor.fib223_dblrly_fldside_power2
Switch Flood Light Side Power

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_power_management
sensor.fib223_dblrly_flds_voltage
Switch Flood Light Voltage

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_sourcenodeid
sensor.fib223_dblrly_flds_snid
Null Switch Flood Lights SrcNdID

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_interval
sensor.fibaro_fgs223dblrly_flds_intrvl
Null Switch Flood Lights Interval

sensor.fibaro_system_fgs223_double_relay_previous_reading
sensor.fibaro_fgs223dblrly_flds_prevread
Null Switch Flood Lights PrevEnergy

I have same issue with my Z-Stick. Also same problem with S2 button on Fibaro Dimmer 2. I can manually update state by clicking “Refresh entity” in Z-Wave Network Management but I cannot figure it out how to automatically update state of second button

i completely removed fibaro because “unstable”
using shelly now, much better

I also have been experiencing the same behavior for years.

• Z-Wave Controller: Aeotec Z-Wave Gen5 USB Stick
  • Fibaro module: FGS223 + FGS213

As described, the second switch does not report correctly and has some misbehaviors. Power also not being reported for S2 (0W).

I tried with a completely different controller: RaZberry V2 (only for Raspberry Pi’s) and all the issues disappeared. The module started to function normally.

It definitely seems to be an issue between Aeotec Gen5 Controller and the Fibaro Switches. Every single FGS223 had the same issue, until the controller changed.

Unfortunately the RazBerry 2 controller is not that fast than the Aeotec Stick, so I went back to Aeotec.

Now the question: do you guys have been using a recent Aeotec Z-Stick (Gen5). By recent I mean with updated firmware.

Perhaps updating the firmware could solve the issue?
But how to update the Aeotec Z-Stick firmware, never managed to get it done. Lack of information in the documentation of Aeotec.

feoZA, could you help me to get Fibaro Double Switch 2, Dimmer, etc in pair wie Z-Stick Aeotec Gen 5+? I have
Z‐Stick Gen5 USB Controller
En Cocina

Dispositivo información
ZW090
por AEON Labs
Firmware: 1.2
Información de Z-Wave
ID de dispositivo: 1

in Z-Wave JS

but I connected some devices like Double-Switch, Dimmer, etc without response.

How do you manage to get in pairs?