Fibaro double switch (fgs-223) current state not correct

Hey there!

I just bought my first z-wave equipment; a z-wave.me USB-stick with a Fibaro double switch (fgs-223). Using the guides provided, installation and initialisation of home assistant and the z-wave component was fairly easy.
Pairing was successful, and I can control both lights using HASS or the physical wall switch.

However, the state of the 2nd light isn’t displayed correctly: e.g. when the light is switched on (using the wall switch or using HASS), the state in HASS switches to “on” and almost immediately back to “off”. When I press the toggle in HASS, the state is updated to “on” and it stays on. The light itself is switched on as it should and the problem does also exists the other way around (from “on” to “off”). Furthermore, in the openzwave-control-panel the 2nd switch shows the same weird behaviour as described above.

EDIT: I use a RPI3 and installed HASS using the fabric script

I suspect there is a problem with the open-zwave configuration, but being a newbie I don’t have a clue where to start.

Did anyone had the same problem? Or maybe know how to solve it? Please let me know.

Hello Stephan,

Did you manage to solve this problem? I am having the exact same problem and no clue on how to solve it.

I had the same problem but solved it today. I think the problem was I didn’t add the FGS223 in secure mode.

What I did:
1 - I removed the FGS223 from the z-wave network. I used the OZWCP WEB APPLICATION.

2 - I configured a network key in /srv/homeassistant/src/python- openzwave/openzwave/config/options.xml

3 - From the OZWCP WEB APP: Add device (Secure)

4 - Finally I rebooted the pi and the switch works fine and is displaying the correct state in Home Assistant.

Sources:
https://home-assistant.io/getting-started/installation-raspberry-pi-all-in-one/
https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/wiki/Adding-Security-Devices-to-OZW

My system:
Raspberry Pi 3
Home Assistant 0.36.1, all-in-one installer
Aeotec Z-stick Gen 5
Fibaro FGS223 Gen 5

//Emil

1 Like

I have created a ticket in the open-zwave github to adress this problem. After the devs made some changes in the device specific config, it seems like the problem can be solved by including your devices in secure mode like Emil suggested.

I’m having this problem too, Will try adding the device securely.

Yes, adding the FGS223 in secure mode solved my problem too - thanks @Emil_B

Hi, I have a FGS223 added in secure mode and still have issues. Sometimes even the status of the first channel isn’t updated in HASS.
If I trigger both switches of a FGS223, sometimes only the first switches on, 2nd doenst switch on. I have a small “workaround” for this by delaying the command for the 2nd channel with 5 seconds.

I have a total of 5 FGS223 modules, having issues with all of them.
All other modules like FGS212, FGD212 work without any problems.

Is this a FGS223 issue or a Zwave issue?

This is driving me crazy.

Hi,

I have the same problem. The 2nd switch changes to ON and OFF when i change the state but the state in HA doesn’t always change. I’m using 0.71.0
and pyton 3.6

Same issue with 0.7.3

What is the firmware version for your FGS-223? I had the same issue with a V3.2, but now that I purchased an additional FGS-223 I realised that V3.3 works as it is supposed to.

If you have access to a Fibaro gateway, try to upgrade the firmware of the failing switch.

Is there any other way of upgrading the firmware? Is there an option in the hass configuration / z-wave menu for example?

I am afraid there is no other way to update a Fibaro device firmware other than using their own gateways.

Hi, can I check the firmware is HASS? Or were can I check it?

I don’t know if it is possible to check the firmware in HASS, but you can checkout the original firmware by looking at the label on the device itself: it should have the version printed on the label.

1 Like