Fibaro FGMS001 v2.7 not recognized correctly

Hi all,

just startet with home assistant and moving my openHAB installation over. So bare with me any my stupid questions.

I have some of the above mention Motion Sensors from Fibaro. most of them have firmware 3.2 and on has firmware 2.7.

The one with the 2.7 Firmware is not recognized as Motion Sensor and thefor some really important entities are missing.

Could someone confirm that there is a problem with Zwave JS and the Motion Sensor with formware 2.7

yes, Incan confirm that. I have 7 motion sensors, 5 of them have 2.6 and one has 3.1
Only one of them is recognizes properly as motion sensor.
Cheers

Was this problem ever solved in Home Assistant? I just migrated from Domoticz and there the motion sensor was working just fine. I don’t want to throw away my old FGMS001. Only option I can think of, is “borrowing” a Home Center from some online shop and send it back when I’m done with the firmware upgrades.

That’s incredible, i came from Domoticz too and there the 2 FGMS did sometimes the same fail. Here in HA i can see the problem for the first time. If fresh restartet nearby the Gen-5, they are full detectet with 15 black entities. This work for few hours here, then 10 entities stay black and 5 including the motion sensor became grey. The device status jumps from “Motion Sensor fibargroup” to “unknown unknown” and the automations fail.
Okay the FGMS are around 5 years old, both do that and i have a Shenzen NEO PIR that do the same. Possible that we reach the “planned obsolescence” border. I will replace two of them with the old shelly motion PIR that work with MQTT here.

Just generally, I think, Aeotec is to blame here. Any time, I read problems with Zwave, Aeotec is involved somehow.

Personally, I have a Zwave.me 5th gen. stick, and a bunch of Fibaro sensors, Neo sensors, Neo plugs, Qubino plugs, Hank plugs, Qubino switches, Technisat (Hank rebadge) window sensors and last, and with a reason last: Aeotec Aerq sensors.

Everything here is rock solid, except - Aeotec. Constantly chasing battery level indication failures and things like that.

After all the problems i see around here on this forum, and my personal experience I’ve already made my decision. Ban Aeotec in my house…

Does anyone know how I can get FGMS001 v2.7 to work as a motion detector? any trick?