Fibaro Motion Sensor (ZW5)

Did @rpitera 's advice work? Couldn’t remember the setting in my previous post but that is the one you want to change.

I can’t find any way of changing to binary mode, it’s a EU v3.2 and it seams they don’t have that option?

This is not supported by the fibaro z-wave+ version.

Thank you for clarifying that, do you know how it should be used in OpenZWave and/or HA?

Found this manual online: http://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGMS-001/FGMS-001-EN-T-v2.0.pdf

It looks like motion is in the 2nd association group. “Motion” is assigned to the motion sensor, and sends motion detection and alarm cancellation frames to the associated devices.

What are your settings in OZWCP for the second group?

I’m completly new to ZWave so I just added the sensor through Home Assistant, it shows up in OZWCP but I don’t know what groups are or how to use them?

I’m a ZWave noob myself and just learning. But I thought if you posted your settings or a screen shot, even if I couldn’t figure it out someone else might.

As best as I can tell, there are different association groups that are associated to different attributes. This way, you can adjust your polling times for different things instead of overwhelming your network asking for everything to often. For instance, you’d want to check your motion state more often than your battery state, which wouldn’t change as often.

What I’m thinking is that maybe you’re not getting reports from the motion sensor because the group that it’s on isn’t being polled or not polled often enough.

Again, anyone with more knowledge about Z Wave (just about everyone here?) feel free to correct me if I am wrong on anything.

That’s strange, I realized I have the same one and mine works :confused:

Device Stae from HA

binary_sensor.fibaro_system_fgms001_motion_sensor_sensor_4	on	friendly_name: FIBARO System FGMS001 Motion Sensor Sensor
battery_level: 100
node_id: 4

My current settings in OZWCP

Node Id Basic Type Generic Type Product Name Location Value Last Heard Status

4 BR Routing Slave Routing Binary Sensor FIBARO System FGMS001 Motion Sensor off 6:40:15 PM Associations (sleeping)
Current Values
Configuration
Information
Motion sensor’s sensitivity:
Submit
Motion sensor’s blind time (insensitivity):
Submit
PIR sensor’s pulse counter:
PIR sensor’s window time:
Motion alarm cancellation delay:
Submit
PIR sensor operating mode:
Night / day:
Submit
Basic command class frames configuration:
BASIC ON command frame value:
Submit
BASIC OFF command frame value:
Submit
Tamper sensitivity:
Submit
Tamper alarm cancellation delay:
Submit
Tamper operating modes:
Tamper alarm broadcast mode:
Submit
Illumination report threshold:
Submit
Illumination reports interval:
Submit
Temperature report threshold:
Submit
Interval of temperature measuring:
Submit
Temperature reports interval:
Submit
Temperature offset:
Submit
LED signaling mode:
LED brightness:
Submit
Ambient illumination level below which LED brightness is set to 1%:
Submit
Ambient illumination level above which LED brightness is set to 100%:
Submit
Minimum temperature resulting in blue LED illumination:
Submit
Maximum temperature resulting in red LED illumination:
Submit
LED indicating tamper alarm:

1 Like

I see that to, but my sensor (binary_sensor.fibaro_system_fgms001zw5_motion_sensor_sensor_3) won’t trigger on motion.
It’s only the sensor.fibaro_system_fgms001zw5_motion_sensor_burglar_3 that triggers and changes between 0, 3 and 8 in value.

I have the Fibaro and use the burglar sensor as my motion sensor (not sure if it’s just a labeling problem). 8 reports all motion, so I use that as my trigger. Would that work for your purposes or are you trying something different?

That is how I have it setup now, added a cancelation time of 30sec.
But it’s strange that there is a motion sensor showing but not getting any value, isn’t it?

Yeah, I kind of just assumed it was an overarching title, like the whole device is being labeled motion sensor, but provides nothing of import. I could be way off, but for my purposes the burglar sensor gets the job done. If you wanted to rename it from 8 to something else, I remember seeing a post (not sure if it was here or over on Reddit) about using templating to change it.

Check my post here Has anbody a working setup of the Fibaro Motion Sensor FGMS001?

Still wondering what his reporting for Group 2 is set to…

I hope this helps?

Hmm, that doesn’t look anything like the Openzwave control panel I am used to seeing. Is that the version installed with the AIO script?

Yes, downloaded it this weekend.

1 Like

Wow, not used to seeing configuration options like that. I guess it’s the fibaro support in the XML. So used to working with Aeotec products. Thanks for giving it context!

1 Like