Fibaro RGBW Controller as sensor?

Using parameter 14 it is possible to configure the Fibaro FGRGBWM441 RGBW controller inputs as sensors. Like this:

I’ve tried this, but don’t see any new sensor entities appearing under the rgbw zwave node. But I’m not sure what to expect, really. Anyone have any experience with this?

Here is the manual of the device: https://manuals.fibaro.com/rgbw/

Hi @joost, did you got this working??

I’m planning to to use in1 and in2 to both control 5x 12v computer fans in paralel. I only then should be able to control the speed (PWM) trough Hass.

No I never pursued this any further. If anyone has any updates I’d love to hear.

I’ve bought the speedcomfort fans to replace this idea. This works great I have to say.

I have it partelly working only UI and entity is not correct, the voltage that I apply on an input is presented as brightness in the light entity of the RGBW controller. 0% 0V - 100% 10 V
Does anyone have some suggestions on how to change this to a sensor entity?

I played with this a long time ago, think I had to set parameter 14 to something based on the table in the manual. I can’t remember how you come up with the number though (default 4369 (1111 Hex))

Look here, it’s the calculator I used to generate paramter 14 to add to the zwave config panel

https://manuals.fibaro.com/document/rgbw-advanced-parameters/

I think i have configured that part correctly, for configuring all four as analog input its 34952 (0x8888).
In HA I have to set: -30584 because its expecting a int16 instead of a uint16.
I think its configured correctly because when I apply for example 1.5V to a input I see the brightness change to 15% and if I connect nothing it go back to 100% (this is probably because there is a pul-up to 10V on the input) so my conclusion was that the inputs are configured I only don’t know how I can get a separate sensor entity for those inputs ( I already restart everything and reconnect but that din’t help)

P.S. I just started with HA so I don’t have much experience with the platform yet. (still learning)

My guess is that HA thinks its a light so thats why you get the brightness. You could create a template sensor based on that brightness attribute.

Post your config of the light and I’ll have a look

For reference; in OZWadmin, it also takes values as signed, so -30854, to set 34952, which is 0x8888 (all inputs 0-10v).

I did try other variants (input 1 only -32495/33041), but that did not update the Red (input 1) channel (which was INSTANCE 3 in the OZWadmin User Values tab)

So eventhough i could finally read the 0-10v sensor values, it is of no use to be becuase that mode forces the RGB values to match, where I wanted to use the RGB controller as a controller, and utilitise the 0-10v sensor as a bonus, which seems not to be the case.