FIBARO RGBW - Predefined programs

Hi everyone,

I have a FIBARO RGBW Controller setup and I have it working using home assistant both manually and uzing automations.

However the Fibaro RGBW has 5 nice animation programs built in. I can start these predefined programs manually by setting the configuration inside the Z-Wave Node Management and its Node config options (config 72).

I was hoping there is a way to select and start these program in automations?
Can I send a configuration update from automations or is there a better way to start these predefined programs?

Predefined animation programs
6 = Fireplace
7 = Storm
8 = Rainbow
9 = Aurora
10 = LAPD

The only thing written in the manual about predefined programs is this:

1. Starting predefined program when device set to work in RGB/RGBW mode (parameter 14) - relevant for main controllers other than Home Center 2 only.
    Default setting: 1
    1-10 animation program number
    Parameter size: 1[byte]

2. Triple click action
    Default setting: 0
    0 - NODE INFO control frame is sent,
    1 - starting favourite program
    Parameter size: 1[byte]

1 Like

I believe you can use zwave.set_config_parameter for this.

Hi,

Thanks, that solved it.
Just as a reference if someone get stuck on the same issue:
This is the code I added to my automation to get it working.

action:
  service: zwave.set_config_parameter
  data_template: {
    "node_id": 5,
    "parameter": 72,
    "value": 6,
    "size": 1
           } 
3 Likes

Iā€™m assuming the ā€˜valueā€™ parameter (6 in your example) is the selection of the program. So basically you call the ā€˜Fireplaceā€™ program on your Node 5 when you run the automation above, correct?

You are correct!

Been trying to figure this out foreverā€¦ This worked and you are awesome!

Hi, thanks for the solution on this!

Is there any way to check that the light is actually on when itā€™s in ā€œpredefined programā€ state? It looks like there are no attributes for any of the associated entities which are on when ā€œpredefined programā€ was called from ā€˜offā€™ sate.

EDIT: figured out how to switch off the light directly from ā€œpredefined programā€ state - even though the main RGBW entity is shown as ā€œoffā€ in predefined state it still turns off the ā€œpredefined programā€ mode on light.turn_off service.