Fibaro Roller Shitter showing incorrect state + doesn't refresh it properly

1. It looks like my Fibaro Roller Shitter thinks that the blinds are closed when they are opened and vice versa. I reversed the Q1 and S1 connections in the config but I don’t know how to reverse the state.

2. I’ve read some posts on this forum and I know that the device doesn’t refresh the most recent state properly. Is there recommended work around to fix this issue temporarily?

What is the exact model of your fibaro.

And is it a shutter or shitter :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haha, I know. I thought it would be funny :slight_smile:

I have the Fibaro Shutter 3 FGRM223 with 5.01 firmware.

What zwave controller are you using? Fibaro integration, Vera, OpenZwave (the new one OZW1.6) etc.?

Have you done the calibration correctly?

Chapter 5.

And what mostly helps… is to physically swap Q1 and Q2 (up and down)

Im using Z-Wave for integration with HA.

Also, I tried calibration multiple times and it didn’t help. Although I just changed the polling time for each shutter to 5 seconds and the problem seem to be solved. However I don’t know if that is the best solution…

You seem to have 2 problems?

1. the status is not updated instantly
  2. the up and down are vice versa

2 is now solved?

For 1 it is a very well known problem… instant status is not very well supported on several devices. It needs a lifeline to the master controller (your zwave dongle). If it is not reported by the device and the controller does not pick it up. Tehere may be several reasons for it. Your device is pretty new, is a zwave+ and thus supports for 99.99% sure instant status updates. It might well be that it is not fully supported on openzwave.
The best way to get the status updated in that case is indeed to update the polling frequency as you did. But on the long term (if your network grows) this is not a very sustainable solution.

I see you are not alone for this device:

Actually it seems like both issues are resolved now but it’s not instantaneous and some times it takes a few mins to update but it’s much better than before. The open/closed status seem to be reporting fine as well.

Would it be really bad if I change the polling to 2 seconds instead?

What’s bad :-)… if it helps you its fine. But as said if your network grows it keeps it busy…

1 Like