Fibaro sensor entity no longer avaiable

Hello guys,

I’ve add to HA an aeotec stick and successfully connect a fibaro multi sensor. I add all the sensor to the homepage but now after a restart it keep say “entity sensor.fibaro_system_fgms001_zw5_motion_sensor_temperature not awaiable”. Can someone help me to find out what happend?

Thanks a lot

If it runs on a battery it’s going to be unavailable until it reports again.

So your suggestion is to wait 2 hours without reboot HA? Because I can see the information in the .xml file generated with the information I need but there aren’t any entity related to that data anymore

or you could wake the sensor up and force it to report in

I also add a side note information, this is what I see from HASSIO (historic tab)

It’s look like the sensor somehow is stuck. How do you force the report?

Check the manual.

I don’t get it if you are talking after having a similar experiance or is just an opinion since I’ve try a repair and now I see the information again even after a restart (still the info seem to don’t change for the luminosity and the temperature but it change for the motion detection almost instantly).

The default reporting time for this sensor (unless you’ve changed it) is every 2 hours. It will only report every 2 hours, this is by design for battery operation. If you restart HA between the reports, it will show not available until the device wakes up and reports in.

Just for giving a feedback: I found other HA user have a similar problem. The solution for the missing sensor si to add again to the zwave network the sensor. For your information after multiple reboot I was able to see the information even if the sensor have report new info each 2 hours. This mean probably I’ve done something in the middle or HA some times in a non predictable way have some problem to keep track of the fibaro multisensor.