Fibaro Smart implant (FGBS-222) with IR wall (ABUS LS2030)

Good morning all,
Currently trying to use SmartImplant + LS2030 Light beam from ABUS to be aware if my portal is open or close.

Long story short, an image better than words, here a diagram of the wiring

I did not represent the TX on the diagram but yes it’s wired :slight_smile:

In HA , the Fibaro Smart Implant is recognized. In the parameters 20 I tried the [0] Normally closed alarm input ; and for the parameter 21 the opposite [1] Normally opened alarm input.

I can’t fin the way to use this, in the entity panel for the SmartImplant, nothing change when I close the Portal.

When I troubleshooted the case, I found I can use the voltage by setting up the parameters for both to [4] Analog input.
Found that’s HA doesn’t update by itself the value so I tried to force it. But nothing is relevant when I close or open the door.

Waiting your 2 cents :smiley:

Have a nice day

I use analog input along with IR distance sensor to verify car presence in the garage. Indeed, alanlog input values are not refreshed automatically in HA, so I created small automation to force this every 10 seconds:

- id: 'refreshing_car_sensors'
    alias: Refreshing Car Presence Sensor
    initial_state: True
    trigger:
      - platform: time_pattern
        seconds: '/10'
    condition: # first checkiing if zwave integration started, not to create unnecessary error messages in the log file
      - condition: state
        entity_id: input_boolean.zwave_active
        state: 'on'
    action:
      - service: zwave.refresh_node_value
        data_template:
          node_id: 32
          value_id: "72057594579796210"

thanks for the help.
I found your workaround before posting but I think that’s not the way for me. Because, when I refresh the voltages NC or NO when I open or close the door it’s not changing accordingly. Quite strange to be honest. I’m planning to test the installation with a electrical multimeter.

here the “solution” the cable used for wiring between laser beam and fibaro was SFTP cat6 and I found some electricity jump between wire, instead of wire shielding.
I insert the fibaro smart implant directly into the laserbeam case, it’s fitting I’m lucky, and all is good.
In HA, with [1] Normally opened alarm input and [0] Normally closed alarm input for both NC and NO wire, so without refreshing voltage I’ve got my data !

Hope it’s help :smiley: