Fibaro Smokesensor FGSD-002

Hi,

Anyone that have any experience connecting the Fibaro smoke sensor(z-wave)?

I have few wallplugs from Fibaro that connects just fine, but the Smoke Sensor comes up as unknown device and only shows Initializing…, I’ve removed it, and added it again, tried a lot.

Any clue?

thx

I have three Fibaro smoke sensors (and two Fibaro Flood sensors). Work fine. Had no issues.

Here is my automation as a reference:

#############################################################
# Smoke sensor 1 -  Bedroom. Fibaro FGSD-002 
#############################################################

- alias: Smoke Sensor -  Bedroom
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.fib_smoke_sensor1_smoke
    to: '2'
  action:
    - service: notify.me
      data:
        title: 'HA - ALARM'

- alias: Smoke Sensor Test - Soverom
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.fib_smoke_sensor1_smoke
    to: '3'
  action:
      data:
        title: 'HA - INFORMASJON'
2 Likes

Thx.

I’ll test that automation as soon as I get it online. Seems like I cannot query it somehow. This is the state output:

hi,

If I remember well I had to reboot before they were properly showing up. Now I have them as:

FIBARO System FGSD002 Smoke Sensor (Node:19 Complete)

Also they are battery powered so if you manipulate them somehow in HA you have to wake them up or they don’t ‘get’ the command. I think I’ve also read somewhere that a heal network helps also.

After a reboot you should have the naming okay, their state will be cacheload initializing for quite a while as battery powered only send out their status ever so often to conserve battery life.

Jhh

Solved!

I removed the Aeotec stick from the USB port and added the sensor using the stick, that worked…:wink:

Thanks!

I just added one of these and it doesn’t report temperature:

It was added successfully (“Complete”).

Tried deleting it and re-adding it with the same result.

Has been like this for ~ 24 hours now and still no temperature is displayed.

Anyone know why?

Managed to fix it myself, in my zwcfg the C was missing under units in the Command Class 48 line.

<CommandClass id="48" name="COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY" version="1">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="bool" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Sensor" units="C" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="False" />
			</CommandClass>

Was like this:

<CommandClass id="48" name="COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY" version="1">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="bool" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Sensor" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="False" />
			</CommandClass>

Thanks for sharing that automation! Do you have any other automations with the smoke sensors?

I had a fire in my water boiler. When opening the electronic panel hatch a one-meter flames stood out and the sparks flying. So installed a smoke senor above the boiler and used a smart plug for the boiler. This way if the smoke alarm goes of the smart plug cuts the power and sending a message

alias: Smoke Alarm Loft - Hotwater boiler switch off
description: Smoke Alarm Loft Turn Hotwater boiler switch off
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.fib_smoke_sensor3_smoke
    to: '2'
condition: []
action:
  - type: turn_off
    device_id: f7b9a9badec9f248137c8b3ab6ad0729
    entity_id: switch.qubino_metplug_hwboiler
    domain: switch
    data:
      title: HA - ALARM
mode: single

Wow! Hope all went well :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing! I am a little lost as to what all the entities are… What is the difference between alarm_level and smoke sensor?..

I have no overview for the rest of the sensors. Get yourself a cigar, light it up, and blow :triumph: at the smoke sensor. Monitor what’s happening with the values in HA.