Fibaro Wall Plug: reset energy meter?

The Fibaro wall plug is able to measure used energy in KWh. The device also has the possibility to reset the measure to 0 (zero).

The zwcfg xml says this:

<CommandClass id="50" name="COMMAND_CLASS_METER" version="2" request_flags="2" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Energy" units="kWh" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="0.72" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="8" label="Power" units="W" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="2.9" />
				<Value type="bool" genre="user" instance="1" index="32" label="Exporting" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="False" />
				<Value type="button" genre="system" instance="1" index="33" label="Reset" units="" read_only="false" write_only="true" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" />
			</CommandClass>

Unfortunately, no switch or binary sensor is automatically created for the “Reset” value.

Has anyone been able to get this working?

BTW, I’m using Hass.io.

I have Fibaro Double Switch and this is my automation to reset power measure:

- id: energy_reset_monthly_consumption
  alias: 'Energy Reset Monthly Consumption'
  trigger:
    platform: time
    hours: 0
    minutes: 0
    seconds: 0
  condition:
    condition: template
    value_template: "{{ now().date().day == 1 }}"
  action:
    - service: zwave.reset_node_meters
      data: {"node_id":13,"instance":1}
      data: {"node_id":13,"instance":2}
3 Likes

I sort of copied your setup with 1 difference: I created a script to reset the meters and let the automation run the script. This way it is also possible to manually reset the meters when needed.

Interesting, I would like to have an automated reset of a Fibaro plug at midnight every day to measure the daily consumption how would I do this? Your help would be much appreciated!

Just copy the automation from the previous example and remove the condition.

I was travelling hence the delayed answer. I copied the code as you suggested and took the condition out. this is the code:

• id: energy_reset_daily_consumption
    alias: ‘Energy Reset Daily Consumption’
    trigger:
    at: 00:00:00
    action:
    • service: zwave.reset_node_meters
      data: {“node_id”:13,“instance”:1}

and this is the error I get. I did run the validation check and it’s valid.

Error while executing automation automation.energy_reset_daily_consumption. Unknown error for call_service at pos 1:

The node involved is no 48 should that be included somewhere?

Thanks in advance for your help.

the dots are - not sure why they copy as dots

please read the ‘sticky’ at the top of the forum posts, in there it tells you how you must format your code for people to read

Your automation probably looks like this:

- id: energy_reset_daily_consumption
  alias: ‘Energy Reset Daily Consumption’
  trigger:
      at: 00:00:00
  action:
      data: {“node_id”:13,“instance”:1}

The node_id is required and should be replace with yours, 48.

The instance is optional and depends on your plug. See your zwcfg????.xml file and my earlier example of it:

More information here:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, after reading a lot and trial end error figured it out! This is for a Fibaro plug with, in my case, node number 48…

- id: energy_reset_daily_consumption
  alias: Energy Reset Daily Consumption
  trigger:
  - at: "10:00:00"
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      {"node_id": 48}
    service: zwave.reset_node_meters

i know this is an old thread, but do i still need theis for energy reset on fibaro wall plug?

i also get error message Message malformed: extra keys not allowed @ data[‘0’] when trying this in yaml editor in automation (newly started with HA), any pointers?

Hey Trouble-51! I have a Fibaro Wall-Plug as well and want to reset its power consumption from Home Assistant. When I try your version I get the following error:

Unexpected value for condition: ‘’. Expected and, device, not, numeric_state, or, state, sun, template, time, trigger, zone, a list of conditions or a valid template @ data[0]

So I believe, I need to delete the line condition: []. However, if I do that, I get another error saying

Unable to determine action @ data[0]

After some trial and error, I made it. Try these steps and tell me if they worked for you:

• find out entity ID of your device (e.g. start a new script from template, toggle YAML mode and copy the entity ID)
  • remove all content from the YAML editor
  • paste the snippet below
alias: Reset my meter # name if however you want
service: zwave_js.reset_meter
target:
  entity_id: switch.metered_wall_plug_switch # replace with your entity_id

More info in the ZWave JS docs.