Fibaro ZWave 4-in1 sensor suddenly won't stop reporting motion

Hi there,

I had HA up an running for months now, using 3 Fibaro 4-in-1 Multisensors (FIBEFGMS-001-ZW5 5G) over a Aeotec Z-STick (AEOEZW090-C). Yesterday I added two more Fibarto Multi-Sensors, changed some parameters using OZWCP, as I always do and then the issue began… The two new and one of the old sensors kept reporting motion and don’t stop…

But let me tell you what I did step by step, since I have no clue what could have caused this issue

1. I paired the new sensors using the ZStick. After a reboot they showed up like they should in HA an worked properly
  2. I stopped HA
  3. I started OZWCP which failed because he could not find the config folder
  4. I saw that the config softlink in /srv/homeassistant/src/open-zwave-control-panel was pointing to /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.1-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config which was not a valid softink anymore since the last update included libopenzwave-0.3.2
  5. So I updated the softlink sudo ln -sfn /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.2-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config config and now was able to start OZWCP
  6. While in OZWCP I changed some parameters for all my sensors to have similar settings (some where changed back to default): Motion detection - sensitivity = 8; Motion detection - blind time = 15; Motion detection - alarm cancellation delay = 30; Tamper - sensitivity= 0; Temperature report - interval = 28800; Visual LED indicator - brightness = 1. The rest should be default.

After a RPi reboot I recognized, that 3 of the now 5 sensors where reporting motion all the time - one old and two new. Temperature and LUX are correctly reported. This is how that look this morning:

Over night, it somehow stopped, but after the first motion in the morning, it all started again. That’s also what happens after an RPi reboot, it looks good until the first or second real motion and then it gets stuck,

Back in OZWCP I saw the same, burglar == 8 all the time for all the three candidates, while LUX und TEMP are shown correctly. I checked all parameters and report times and so one, but could not finde an issue or difference to the working sensors.

What I noticed is, that after a while even pressing the so called B-Button on the sensor once or three times does not wake up the device on OZWCP anymore (or its just now shown). Something seems to be “stuck” when using OZWCP - after a while even TEMP and LUX are not reported to OZWCP anymore and I have to reboot by RPi, to have it working again… So I’m not really sure if I see real or cached config values!

I checked and tested everything I know but now, I have no clue anymore. I’m stuck and frustrated, since so far everything was working so nice…

There are three thinks, that seem to be strange:

1. Why are there two config folders basically holding the same data? /srv/homeassistant/src/python-openzwave/openzwave/config/ and /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.2-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config/
  2. Why was the softlink not updated but ZWave within HA working?
  3. How can I be sure, to see the real config values and no cashed ones?

I would love to get some help on this, since I don’t want to start from scratch. Thank you guys for any advise!

Cheers,

Dominik