Finally! A Tasmota WiFi Dimmer with MQTT

Very interested to see your feedback on those guys - I am in the market for a flashable wifi dimmer :slight_smile: I currently have z wave but would prefer wifi in a few locations!

I have received the one I linked to above from Amazon.

It uses the TYWE3S board. It is about 24mm deep so you may need a deeper backbox, depends what has been fitted.

I should be flashing it this evening and will install tomorrow.

1 Like

Would be great to see some photos of the unit if possible, showing which wires go where, etc.

As it happens, I’ll be flashing an LED wifi controller with Tasmota firmware today, with the plan to use MQTT to dim an RGB+CCT LED strip: https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/wiki/WS03-(WS01-WS05)-LED-Controller

I forgot to attach the photo on the last post, on this particular one its written on the silkscreen what pin does what.

Just reporting back to confirm that the WiFi Dimmer I got from Amazon works fine.

I have also found an easier way to flash them using Tuya-Convert, once Tasmota is on there just select Tuya-Dimmer as the module and job done.

Superb! Do the LEDs on the wall switch illuminate all the time or do they turn on/off in line with the light?

Does the integration with HA and MQTT work well?

Could you also confirm which firmware you used please - ie from the Tasmota dev branch or digiblur’s temp fork?

Thanks for reporting back - I’m buying that one now. :slight_smile:

They stay on, but the middle one turns RED when the lights are on.
I will have to look at the source code to see if you can switch them off.

I just used a normal firmware of the main site.

I followed the MQTT bit of the Wiki

The fork I have mainly fixes the issues of where the state isn’t always reported correctly when in some scenarios turned on via brightness on HA (if I remember right) and in some cases by the faceplate. I forced it to always send the power states and brightness states in the MQTT JSON anytime there is a state change of the light plus it helps get rid of a lot of errors from Home Assistant being dumb and complaining about stuff missing from the JSON.

Anyone have a link for these switches? I found similar looking switches, but I’m looking for the Tuya switches that are used in the video so I know it’ll work.

Here is a similar looking switch, not sure if it will work:

The Martin Jerry dimmer is a great one as well.

But this ‘dumb pipe’ is one directional correct?

I mean, mine changes based on what I send it via Hassio or the Tas GUI but doesn’t send the changes I make via the faceplate to either TAS or Hassio.

BTW I fixed the buttons being reversed by turned the faceplate around 180 degrees. Stupid me!

Please, can you check resistance R8 value which is connected to Triac BT139 and Line in terminal? In my dimmer resistance is burned.

I so wish I could use these, No neutral near my switches and my cabling runs through steel conduits through concrete so no chance of adding a neutral :frowning:

My tuya dimmer is dead after only one day…

It’s dead. What is the right resistor?

Does anybody succeed to add the TRANSITION when changing states/brightness level?

Can you please share your Tuya dimmer module parameters settings. My Tuya dimmer not working after firamware upgrade Tasmota 6.5.0 to 6.6.0

Do you find resistor value ?

GPIO13 & 15 are none on mine.

Thanks a lot, after changing module parameters and reset configurations finely dimmer working fine. Thanks again.