Finally announcing my suite of Lovelace plugins

That’s why we all are here, to help each other :wink:
But his code start on line 1 with cards: and the error displayed is No card type found

Btw. Thank you for your great work!

1 Like

Thank you @finity for the Fan Percent Button Row! It’s working beautifully with my percentage template fan that controls my home ventilation system. A question: this ventilation should always be on so I would like to hide the “OFF” button to prevent accidentally pressing it and turning off the entire system, is this easily doable? If so how?

Or should I just create a switch template that toggles between LOW and HIGH and use your Binary Control Button Row. I would miss out on the MED setting of the fan but to be honest I don’t use that one a lot anyways.

Just wanted to say thanks for these. I hadn’t seen this post until now but found these excellent plugins on HACS and have been using them for quite a while. I use them everywhere and find them so much easier to use then sliders.

In addition to the usability utility already mentioned on this thread I wanted to note that they also have side benefits in terms of automations. One of the challenges I found with my presence lights was figuring out when someone had manually changed the lights so I knew to turn off presence detection for a while. When an integration is the source of the light change you can tell by looking at the event but when the light change comes from HA UI itself its tricky since it just looks like a service call and its hard to tell if automation set the light to 50% or a user did.

These plugins solved that for me. I always present lights using the 3 button controls. And low/medium/high are each set to brightness levels that my automations never use. This makes it easy to determine a manual override via lovelace in nearly all cases. Sure a user could click the entity to get to the slider in the pop-up and screw me up but that’s definitely an edge case.

Anyway thanks again! Have you considered adding these to HA’s core frontend finity? Feel like these would be a great addition personally.

1 Like

I would have no idea at all how to do that.

I’m not a “real” programmer. :laughing:

That, and I’m not sure how they would fit into the existing Lovelace aesthetic so I don’t know if they would even be accepted.

No I don’t think so.

I set these up for the most common generic use cases and your situation is pretty specific.

One issue I see if you hide the Off button is that there is no feedback if someone actually does turn the device off. By looking at the entity row you wouldn’t know it was off.

But one possible solution is to use the custom “restriction-card” to prevent someone accidentally turning it off. I use it along with my plugins in a couple of situations and it works good to give you a “are you sure?” type of prompt.

I just started using the Cover Control Button Row plugin and it looks pretty cool! I do have a strange issue though… The Stop (Stop) and Close (Down) buttons are working fine but the Open (Up) button is not working.

However when I click on the entity name in lovelace and then click on the up arrow in the popup that appears the cover does go up. Also, when I add the cover as a normal entity the 3 buttons work OK.

Any thoughts?

What kind of cover is it? What integration does it use? Did you code the cover via yaml?

The cover is a Somfy RTS and I am using the RFXTRX integration. No additional yaml code used on the integration.

Do you know what the service is that it uses to open the cover?

If it uses the standard “cover.open” service then it should work fine.

Also, what is the state of the cover when you are trying to click the open button?

If the cover state is ‘open’ then the open button is disabled so it won’t do anything when you click it.

I just found that the problem only occurs when I press the Down button and then Stop the cover at any time before the end. In this case the Up does not work (however the up arrow of the entity does work).

When I let the cover go down all the way the Up button from the Cover Control Button Row does work as expected.

The cover does use the cover.open service

1 Like

Ok, then if the cover still says the state is “open” then the open button is disabled.

I’ve had a FR for removing the blocking of the buttons but I’ve been pretty busy for a while now and haven’t even looked at any of the new issues yet, let alone fixing existing ones.

But your example gives me one more data point for doing that so I’ll try to get it changed when I get a chance.

Sorry that’s not working well for you.

Thanks for your feedback. Looking forward to the fix :wink:.

For now I know that I need to bring the cover completely down before bringing it up. Not a big deal… just something to keep in mind.

I just released a new version that allows you to not allow the buttons to be disabled.

Please try it and see if it fixes your issue.

It works now! Many thanks for fixing this :wink:

1 Like

Hi everyone,
how can i change the color of the border?
or completely remove the border?

No, sorry, that’s built in and hard coded.

I’m using the fan percentage row and it works awesome for my 3 speed fan controlled by Bond. Thank you for that!
I just installed a 6 speed fan with the Modern Forms integration. Any chance there will be a 6 speed option for your button row plugin? I guess it would be a row with OFF and speeds 1-6.

I really doubt it.

For the explanation of why please see the FR here:

1 Like

While it does not appear that we will be getting more buttons at this time, is there a way to hide the name and Icon on the cards?

No, I don’t think so.

I’ve tried it with setting the name to an empty string (’’) but that didn’t work.

And I have no idea how to get rid of the icon.

That might be something to bring up with the front-end devs.

firstly, great card, thank you!

im sure im being dumb, but if i wanted to show a 2nd row, which tells you the current state? (eg. open/closed) how would i do that/
this didnt work

type: entities
show_header_toggle: false
state_color: true
entities:
  - type: custom:cover-control-button-row
    name: Front Gate
    entity: cover.remootio_frontgate
    hideStopButton: true
    isOpenColor: red
    isClosedColor: green
    customOpenText: Open
    customCloseText: Close
    width: 45px
    height: 30px
	secondary_info: <b style='color:red'>[[ states.cover.remootio_frontgate.state ]]</b>
    type: custom:secondaryinfo-entity-row