Finally announcing my suite of Lovelace plugins

Also I just created a new fan control row for use with the new fan speed percentages:

I’m still working on another one using preset modes but I haven’t been able to get any answers on how exactly they work.

There’s now a new plugin for you to try out for use with fans using preset modes.

try it out here:

It’s not in HACS yet and TBH, there seems to be a pretty bad backlog of repos that need to be added to the HACS default list so I’m not sure when this will get added to HACS. So you will likely need to install this manually if you want to try it out.

It will look the same as my other plugins and will be just as theme-able.

And I have it set up for fans to use either two or three preset modes.

Give it a try and let me know (as usual) if you have any issues.

There is an example fan config for ta template fan using a broadlink remote in my Home-Assistant Repository if you need any suggestions on how to get the fans set up to work.

how come it is only now I notice your plugins?!

maybe because I was explicitly looking for add confirmation (and/or lock) · Issue #186 · thomasloven/lovelace-slider-entity-row · GitHub a lock on the sliders… you don’t happen to have thought of that yourself for the Cover control row do you Finity?

Somehow I don’t get it that this has been so neglected in core HA, securing a toggle (and the slider for that matter) on these very important parts of the interface…

I can use the toggle-lock-entity-row by Thomas on a toggle, or the successor by Ian, but for covers this is missed thus far. Forcing us to create custom-buttons (maybe the core button entity row could do so too, but it requires subscripts)

How cool would it be if we could unlock/lock a slider, slide it, after which it locks again…

second question if I may: I use the Somfy TaHoma set My position command to allow me to do:

footer:
      type: buttons
      entities:
      - entity: script.garage_lamellen_open
        icon: mdi:arrow-up
#        name: Open
      - entity: script.garage_lamellen_my
        name: My
        show_icon: false
      - entity: script.garage_lamellen_close
        icon: mdi:arrow-down
#        name: Close

in the footer. Could this be an option for you card too? (id really like to be able to use these 2 buttons you offer, but it would require the possibility to customize the service on the middle button)

1 Like

I don’t know! But you don’t know what you’ve been missing! :laughing:

No and I doubt I could even have the skills to do it if I wanted to.

What “2 buttons” would those be?

Right now I have a total of 8 plugins for various scenarios. two of them dealing with covers.

If you could create a template cover out of your scripts then you could easily use my cover control buttons to do whatever you wanted in the stop button script.

Ah yes, I’ll have a look at that, didnt try the template up to now. Only been playing with covers, and covers groups.

thats a typo, sorry. Autocorrect…big fingers

meant to say 3… as you show in your repo, replacing the current arrow/stop/down icons

template cover coming up next :wink: thanks

1 Like

Also, I’ve requested that the old speed list options should be kept and I’ve had a suggestion from a dev that if a FR gets enough votes they would implement it.

Here is the FR. Please go there and vote it up.

1 Like

any idea what i miss here?

No, according to the screenshot everything looks OK to me.

I assume you’ve installed the plugin, added it to the resources and restarted/reloaded lovelace?

install it, this need to be shown here like all others?

install.

TBH, I’m not sure how to add the plugin using the UI editor. I never use them. I do everything manually in YAML.

But your YAML in the manual editor looks OK as far as I can see.

1 Like

Add this to your js file:

window.customCards = window.customCards || [];
window.customCards.push({
  type: "cover-control-button-row",
  name: "Cover control button row",
  description: "A card to display your cover controls in a button row.",
  preview: false,
});

That will make it show up in the + Add Card screen.

please let me ask, the first line, why is it like that? Why the || construction?
(asking because I use the same type of code in custom-ui, and only the [] seems to suffice?)

Monkey see monkey do, I copied my answers from Bram’s cards :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I see…
this is what I have:

//            window.CUSTOM_UI_LIST || (window.CUSTOM_UI_LIST = []),
           window.CUSTOM_UI_LIST = [],
           window.CUSTOM_UI_LIST.push({
             name: `${Name}`,
             version: `${Version} ${Description}`,
             url: `${Url}`
           })

and trying to minimize as far as possible, without taking out essential functionality of course. Works fine, but I don’t really understand why :roll_eyes:

Remove:

cards:

And replace - infront of type: with blank

It should look like this:

type: entities
title: Hall Light Presets
show_header_toggle: false
entities:
  - entity: light.stimmungslicht
    type: 'custom:light-brightness-preset-row'
    name: Light Not Custom Theme
    customTheme: false
    name: Light Default Custom Theme
    customTheme: true
    customSetpoints: true
    lowBrightness: 30
    medBrightness: 100
    hiBrightness: 225
    name: Light Custom Custom Theme
    reverseButtons: true
    customTheme: true
    isOnLowColor: 'rgb(255, 0, 0)'
    isOnMedColor: '#888888'
    isOnHiColor: '#222222'
    buttonInactiveColor: '#aaaaaa'
    isOffColor: purple
    name: Light Custom Button Text
    customHiText: me
    customLowText: do
    customMedText: re
    customOffText: not
    width: 15px
    height: 15px

1 Like

Awesome card, @andynbaker
Could you share the card code, please?
Thanks in advance.

but that code looks like it will only allow for one card to be placed in the view.

if you want multiple cards in a view then you need to add the “-” in front of each card section.

unless the UI editor does that automatically for you and you are only configuring each card at a time thru the yaml editor of the UI?

thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll look into it.

EDIT:

Looks like I got it working in a test plugin on my own system.

I’ll get the public ones updated over the next couple of days.

Thanks again.

1 Like

You are absolutely right, but based on his screenshot, he tries to create only one card, That’s why I assumed it’s not working…

1 Like

Yeah, it’s kind of hard to tell from the screenshot how much of that code was for the overall view or just the card.

Especially since I have no experience using the UI editor. :wink:

1 Like