Find out cause for higher CPU usage

Hi everybody,

I’m running HA OS in a VM on a Synology NAS, and I noticed (only) today that the CPU usage increased quite a bit a couple of days ago - any idea how to find out what’s the cause? I do not recall what I did there, or installed, or whatever…

Here’s the CPU usage:

My oldest log entry for Core appears to be from 2023-03-07 22:09:15.670, so roughly 1.5 days too late, but I wouldn’t know what to look for anyways…

Thanks in advance
Christian

I’ve had exactly this issue before in the past. Infact, I ended up creating an automation to monitor a smart plug that my home assistant server is plugged into, and if its goes above a certain threshold then it sends me a push notification.

I detailed what happened and what I did to solve it here:

Note however, that if the CPU is high immediately after a release, this maybe normal as the database maybe being updated, and this can take some time.

Thanks a lot! However, that was not the issue (shutting down and restarting the VM didn’t help). But you still gave the right hint: I started to disable my add-ons one by one, and it turned out the the Glances add-on was the issue - after disabling it, everything went back to normal.