Finding Conbee device with deConz after migrating from Pi3 to VirtualBox

Hi folks,

Apologize for having to ask, but after reading through the documentation and about 50 threads, I’m still stuck.

I recently used a YouTube video from “The Hookup” to migrate my Home Assistant instance from a pi3 to Virtualbox. All seems well except for figuring out which port to specify for the Conbee stick.

I’m using the Supervisor/Hassio deconz integration, and that’s running the latest version. When I got to Hardware, my available listed port choices are:

• serial:
    • /dev/ttyS2
    • /dev/ttyS3
    • /dev/ttyS1
    • /dev/ttyS0

…all of which lead to an endless loop of:
11:50:16:516 wait reconnect 9 seconds
etc, which the threads seem to say is showing I haven’t chosen the right port.

Likewise, in Phoscon itself if I look at the gateway the firmwear setting shows not connected, which verifies the above as not the correct port.

I found a reference in some of the Conbee docs to something about needing to give the user authorization to a permission group, but don’t know if that’s needed with the Hassio integration or if so honestly how to do it.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

In case anyone else finds this thread with a similar issue, the fix was to map the Conbee over as a serial device in Virtualbox.

I opened Windows Device Manager, noticed which COM port became active when the stick got plugged in (COM3), and then mapped that in Virtualbox as a serial device on COM3. Then /dev/ttyS2 became the active Conbee device.