Fingerprint authentication via MQTT

nvm, got it working :slight_smile: fingerprtint is not the same as fingerprint :slight_smile:

Hi, can someone share his code for ha configuration yaml?
The code that creates the sensor?

Thank you

Hoping someone can help, I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to make this work…Something appears to be wrong when it comes to storing and deleting the user names. I have all the helpers created identical to the youtube video and I have copied and pasted all the appropriate scripts. Here’s my issue:

My setup adds a new user ID and name correctly and everything works UNTIL…I go to add another user. When I do that, it blows out the previous user, regardless of what new ID I’m using. The fingerprint device still holds onto the previous fingerprint but the database will not keep more than one. It just shows as “Unavailable”…Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should be looking at to correct this issue?!

Update: So I removed the following service from the learn script and now it appears to be working…I’m no template expert so I’m not sure how this is affecting the overall automation but for now it’s storing the more than one name:

- service: input_text.set_value
    data_template:
      entity_id: input_text.fingerprint_data
      value: |-
        {% if states('input_text.fingerprint_data') == "unknown" %}
          {{"[]"}}
        {% endif %}

Hi Lewis!

Thanks for providing this awesome project! I exactly followed your guide using the FPM10A sensor. The connection to the MQTT broker in HA is successfully established. However, after that I constantly get a “Communication error” and scanning fingerprints only works rarely. Is anyone else facing this issue? Is there maybe in the meantime an ESP Home-based version? I am running the latest version of HA (OS) on a Nuc.

Many thanks in advance!