FinTS access needs product id

I noticed that the FinTS integration is currently unable to setup - at least with some banks.

The reason for this is that many banks only allows FinTS access with a valid product id. This id must be requested. The FinTS python library used inside HA says the following about this:

As of September 14th, 2019, all FinTS programs should be registered with the ZKA or banks will block access. You need to fill out a PDF form and will be assigned a product ID that you can pass above.

Source: Getting started — python-fints 4.0 documentation

The official page for the registration process is only available in German: Register

Me or flirtysanchez could try get a product ID for HA. Is that OK or is this “too official” to be done by us?

2 Likes

Hi Johannes,
I know, that obviously only 4 installations use the FInTS sensor.
With me it would be 5 :wink:

So, has this been resolved? Is there a ZKA registered product ID available for HA?
Thanks in advance.
NCO

Hey. Yeah, someone else interested in this topic contacted me back then and we planned to update the fints integration. He got in contact with the agency responsible for creating these ID and he successfully got one for home assistant. So, this one should still be available and I have it in my mailbox but I would rather ask him if I can forward these information to others.

The problem why I stopped the development was the discovery that the current banking standard (I already forgot all of these fancy abbreviations :slight_smile: ) requires the banking institute to randomly ask for a second login factor and this would break any automation. Furthermore, I tried to integrate with DKB and the underlying python library had a problem with DKB (there is also a bug mentioned somewhere in their issue tracker). I’d love to have this integration working but it seemed to be not possible back then. The situation may have changed and then, I would be back on this project.

Thanks Johannes,
Obviously I was not notified about your response (this happens pretty often actually) - so sorry for the delay.
My bank is the DKB as well.
You are right - the second login factor of course makes it safer, but also not usable for automations.
Anyway, thanks for your response.

Anyone willing to put some effort into this? ING supports fints read-only, which is sufficient for me. I am interested in the product id and would try to implement it into the code.

Took me some time to get the OK to publish the product id, but here it is: 6151256F3D4F9975B877BD4A2

I was also trying to use this integration.
Great to have a product id but does it need to be integrated into the integrations codebase or is there any way to set that individually in the HA config etc.?

No, this can’t be configured and should be integrated into the code.