Fireangel fire/CO/heat alarm network bridge integration

Hi Chris,

Thx for you new script.

I have a 16Mhz Nano and with both radios (already paired) do I have no init.
With you debug-sketch I have only dot’s…

I have ordered a 8 ch analyser and will check the signals on my radios.

Fokko

Hi Chris,

With your help I’ve now got the bridge up and running.

I have a query about the ‘Fireangel Test Function’ template sensor in your configuration.
Approximately every hour this message is received:

{“device”: “A5B813”, “event”: “MISSING”, “base”: “MISSING”, “battery”: “MISSING”}

Is this expected behaviour as I’m unsure what it means?

Thanks

Malcolm

Does anyone know if using the WiSafe-HA setup from Chris works with the “Connected” fireangel alarms? (I see they have discontinued the wisafe alarms so wondering if the newer versions are supported?)

I dont suppose your in the UK? and if so, have a spare PCB? haha - ive ordered some, but looking at 15 days, i have everything else, so wondering if i could purchase one of the 4 you may have left over :slight_smile:

@Clam58 & @fokko (sorry i meant to tag you both in to ask the above)

I second that if anyone has a spare PCB in the UK they would be willing to sell I’d be interested in one

Sure - once mine arrive, and if i had any spare - ill send you a PM - happy to help out as ive been helped by others on the forum (i just dont know the eta of them arriving)

Perfect thanks I have ordered a strobe to acquire the wi safe module and already have the rest of the bits if you pm me once you have the boards and let me know what how much for the board and shipping that would be great

Hi Malcolm,

When you create a network of WiSafe2 devices, each device has an awareness of the other devices on the network.

If one of the devices disappears, then it gets reported across the network.

This is an example WiSafe2 message, sent by the network when device 601A03 is missing.
D2 2A 38 41 00 EF 60 1A 03 00 00 09 40 7E

This probably happens invisibly in a WiSafe2 network which doesn’t have a ‘smart integration’.

My tip to resolve (TL;DR):
Bulldoze the issue by un-learning and re-learning-in all your network devices.
(all radios, including alarms and the bridge).

Details here…

1. If the MISSING device id is completely unknown to you, then this probably points to a
    2nd hand device somewhere in your network, which still knows about a previous environment.
    Fix it by resetting the radio (press, release, press, hold)

2. You’ve stated that the MISSING device id matches the arduino code.
    With the above explanation in mind, we know that the arduino isn’t generating the code. One of the radios on the network is complaining that it can’t see that device.
    I’d probably go about fixing this by un-learning all my devices, and re-learning them in one by one.

This is what I had to do when my FireAngelConnectedGateway was playing up. And I guess it makes sense in this case too.

In case you just don’t like the missing function in the code, you could disable it by commenting out:
if (spiBuffer[0] == 0xD2)
(and the 7 lines below)

1 Like

Yes, most of my alarms are from the “Connected” range.
(they still use the same WiSafe2 radio)

It’s just a re-brand.

The ‘Connected’ FP2620W2-R is identical to the WST-630

Weird one, but somebody reached out for my help to build one.
They were a pleasant user, and so I agreed to help at cost.

However, before I posted the unit, I sussed out that the user actually works for FireAngel!
I don’t really know what to make of that, so I backed out of sending the unit to that person.

That’s left me with enough bits for 2 fully-built units, and 2 spare PCBs.

If you want one, you’re in the UK and you don’t work for FireAngel, then feel free to PM me.

Hi Chris. I’m in the UK and would be very interested in buying a fully built unit off you. Sorry, but I don’t know how to send a PM on here.

Hi guys, please forgive my ignorance, the strobe you mentioned that can be used as starting point is the :

“Wi-Safe 2 Combined Strobe & Vibrating Pad W2-SVP-630L”

My next question is what would happen if my home assistant goes offline? Like for a power shortage, or it crashes, will the alarm stop working?

Thank you very much in advance. :+1:

Hi Chris,

Have sent you a PM I would try building on myself but having never used a soldering iron before I’d be worried I’d screw it up.

Can also confirm I don’t and have never worked for FireAngel.

Cheers

Yes, that is the correct strobe.

If HA is offline, then obviously whatever automations you’ve built to make this ‘smart’ will not work
(e.g. Google/Alexa voice alerts, notifications on your phone, water-valve sprinklers, unlocking doors, etc, etc.)

Without HA, the alarms will just continue to work as ‘dumb’ alarms.
e.g. They should all still be connected to one-another and can be triggered, reset as normal.

1 Like

So, ive built the bridge (thanks for the board @Clam58 :slight_smile: )

Everything is working, HA reports everything, Alexa likes to shout at me etc etc, which is great.

However i have a slight issue - i have the silence alarm button inside HA (taken from the dashboard example)

However, when my alarm goes off, if i press the silence button inside the HA dashboard, my alarms continue to go off and do not silence? (it says silence in the message, and inside HA next to the alarm, but the controller says silence based on using the in built ID)

Do i need to set a silence button for every alarm? (Am i even making any sense? lol)

Getting close to testing it out! I am UK based and have 4 spare boards if anyone wants one. @grom.m20b25

Hi,

I am getting Radio not ready - Trying to reset continuously when connected to home assistant or another machine using serial monitor.

The radio LED flashes 3 times when initially connected or once if I press the physical radio button so I’m guessing the module is at least getting power.

Any ideas @chopwood

I think this project might also be of use - GitHub - Tho85/ws2mqtt: Connect WiSafe2 devices to Home Assistant

Seems to be a similar idea, but using a WiSafe2 module

1 Like

Tried another radio module which appears to be a more recent revision of the one I tried originally but it still gives the same log.

13:51:37.572 -> ...................................................Radio not ready - Trying to reset
13:52:16.035 -> ...................................................Radio not ready - Trying to reset
13:52:54.463 -> ...................................................Radio not ready - Trying to reset
13:53:32.907 -> ...................................................Radio not ready - Trying to reset
13:54:11.371 -> ...................................................Radio not ready - Trying to reset
13:54:49.816 -> ...................................................Radio not ready - Trying to reset
13:55:28.257 -> ...................................................Radio not ready - Trying to reset