FireAngel Smoke Alarm ST-630 INT Z-Wave

Can someone help me to point me in the good direction ?, I’m a beginner and I want to connect my unknow id 12 smoke alarm with Z-module.

<Node id="12" name="" location="" basic="4" generic="16" specific="1" type="Binary Power Switch" listening="true" frequentListening="false" beaming="true" routing="true" max_baud_rate="40000" version="4" query_stage="CacheLoad">
		<Manufacturer id="0" name="">
			<Product type="0" id="0" name="" />
		</Manufacturer>
		<CommandClasses>
			<CommandClass id="32" name="COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC" version="1" mapping="37">
				<Instance index="1" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="37" name="COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY" version="1">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="bool" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Switch" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="False" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="39" name="COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_ALL" version="1">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="list" genre="system" instance="1" index="0" label="Switch All" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Item label="Disabled" value="0" />
					<Item label="Off Enabled" value="1" />
					<Item label="On Enabled" value="2" />
					<Item label="On and Off Enabled" value="255" />
				</Value>
			</CommandClass>
		</CommandClasses>
	</Node>
1 Like

Sorry not yet, just orderded one an it should arive today.

Are u using Zwave2Mqtt or an other Z-Wave implemantation?

I think it wil be usable as an switch (0 = idle / 1 = alarm)

Raymon, I bought a Z-wave module in my ST-630.

I recieved the unit today including a z-wave module. I connected the Z-Wave module to Zwave2Mqtt and it is added correctly.

I did not put any effort in setting up sensors in HomeAssistant itself because of other obligations but wil look at it soon.

I have the same: “Unknown device”
but there are a lot of entities , but no one show up. See this image:

1 Like

nodeid_40

I have these entries “available” but need to test them

I deleted the node and added it several times but no no entries where added for my “rookmelder.”…
How did you add your smoke alarm, by adding it to your USB stick while it was not in the USB port, or in the GUI add node ? or by adding it secure ?
I don’t know anything about Zwave2Mqtt but now I see that Zwave2Mqtt uses “Open Z-Wave” and I’m using “Z-wave”.

I have added it using the Open Z-Wave webinterface. It sets the Z-Wave Stick to inclusion mode and then asks for secure mode which i decline

The stick then enters learning mode, and i push the z-wave inclusion button on the Smoke Alarm 3 times to get it included

Hi all, I bought this one but I am not sure what exact type it is:

https://www.robbshop.nl/rookmelder-230v-met-backup-batterij-fireangel#

I can add it to Home Assistant (with the standard Z-wave integration) in seconds but I have the feeling Home Assistant and this device are not 100% compatible.

Since Home Assistant needs a restart pretty often the state of the device is mostly ‘Initializing’ and also pretty often the other entities are ‘Unavailable’. Since yours and mine are the same brand we might perhaps join forces and try to find a developer who can look into this??

That’s a good idea, I stopped looking for an answer, but I found this link, maybe we can use this to edit the XML file in Home assistant.
ZST-630
PDF

First: Stop Z-wave network

I changed my Z-wave XML file like this:

<Node id="12" name="" location="" basic="4" generic="16" roletype="6" devicetype="3073" specific="1" type="Binary Power Switch" listening="true" frequentListening="false" beaming="true" routing="true" max_baud_rate="40000" version="4" query_stage="Complete">
	<Manufacturer id="26f" name="ZST-630">
		<Product type="0x01" id="0x06 " name="ZST-630" />

Start Z-wave network again

Now I got this switch:

Maybe someone can give us a direction ?

I think my device is not the ZST-630 by the way. But I think the Z-wave module is identical.

My device is the ST-630, I think your right about the Z-wave module’s name.

Can anyone help ?

I just update Zwave2MQTT which broke the webinterface, so filed a quistion on github and got asked to try ZwaveJS2MQTT (which was somehow a drop in replacement)

And now the view of my FireAngel is changed (maybe it is working now?)

rookmelder_via_zwavejs2mqtt

Note i just placed an order for additional sensors but without a Z-Wave module because i wanted te test the Zigbee module (which was not on stock) I will need to test the Z-Wave module because it is cheaper and already the plan at first

1 Like

What Z-Wave controller are you using?

I am using the Z‐Stick Gen5 USB Controller with the standard Z-Wave JS integration.

1 Like

Can you please tell what kind of value “smoke_alarm_smoke_detected” is, mine is “not detected”.
I don’t know where to find this…

I am not sure yet. I haven’t found a solid way to let the alarm go off.

This is what I have so far

- id: a36ae76a16664d4221e679bb11f4d90b
  alias: FireAlarm
  trigger:
  - entity_id: thermoptek_smoke_alarm_smoke_detector_smoke_alarm_smoke_detected
    platform: state
    to: 'true'
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_on
    entity_id: switch.aeon_labs_zw080_siren_gen5_switch

Only platform state is wrong, 1, ‘on’, or ‘true’ it all won’t work…

In the developers tools the state of binary_sensor.fireangel_rookmelder_smoke_alarm_smoke_detected is now off. I will try to make it go off and see to what the state will change.

Mine appears as binary_sensor.thermoptek_smoke_alarm_smoke_detector_smoke_alarm_smoke_detected and it is ‘off’ usually

Pressing the test button makes binary_sensor.thermoptek_smoke_alarm_smoke_detector_smoke_alarm_smoke_alarm_test
go from ‘off’ to ‘on’ so I would assume the same