Firefox and 2021.6.0 entity card only has one column

Weird problem after upgrade on firefox. my entity card is displaying in one column in stead of two. In other words my switch name was on the left and switch under that instead of aligned with the right side of the card. I downgraded to 2021.5.x and it went back to normal.

Running HomeAssistant /Home-Assistant in docker on unraid

I noticed the same. Entities card puts icon, name and value in single column with Firefox (89.0; 64-bit; Windows 10). Works fine with Chrome and Edge.

Odd indeed. I tried clearing the cache for the relevant site multiple times. No change. To be certain I now tried to clear all cached data and now it is back to normal.

Seems it was not enough to clear cached data for the specific site, but needed to clear cache for some other sources too. Home Assistant pulling data for the UI from other source than the Home Assistant device? For next time, is there any advise on which sites’ cached data would be good to clear?

I have tried clearing all cache. no luck

Do you use template-entity-row?

Did you update it?

Same problem here for me. I tried clearing the cache and cookies on Firefox and it did sort of fix it for a couple of rows but as soon as I refreshed again it was all messed up. You can see the difference pretty clearly in these two screenshots.

Here is Firefox:

Here is Microsoft Edge:
Edge

Any suggestions?

The cache is quite persistent. Try this:

With Firefox browser open, press Shift+F2 to open the Developer Toolbar. This usually appears at the bottom of the browser window. Type “appcache clear”, then Enter, to clear the cache.

Thanks for replying… Unfortunately Shift-F2 no longer opens the developer toolbar and the GCLI is no longer present in Firefox. There is a web developer toolbar that has a console screen where you can enter commands but the ‘appcache clear’ command is not recognized.

I’m open to any and all other suggestions!

On IOS this work around seems to work.

Load the JS file directly by URL https://MY-HA-URL/hacsfiles/lovelace-template-entity-row/template-entity-row.js where you replace MY-HA-URL by your local url for HA.

And then try F5 or control F5 a couple of times. That may force the browser to refresh the file because you load it directly like if it was a web page

1 Like

Wish I could make this work on Firefox. I can load that file but refreshing it/hard refreshing it doesn’t change anything. Would love to find a workaround because it makes my HA dashboard look ridiculous on Firefox.

Has anyone had any luck in fixing this for Firefox? It makes the cards look so big the dashboard becomes difficult to use and look pretty bad.

I’m open to suggestions or happy to be a guinea pig for testing if need be.

Thank you!

Update template-entity-row.

Clear your entire browser history and restart firefox.

That’s what worked for everyone else.

I am not sure how to do that part. Do I go to this ( https://MY-HA-URL/hacsfiles/lovelace-template-entity-row/template-entity-row.js and then refresh the page? I’m not sure how to update that file.

Thanks, appreciate the help.

If you installed it with HACS update it through HACS.

That was the part I was missing. Thank you - that did the trick. Back to normal now!