Firemote Card does more! It now controls Apple TV devices too!

Firemote Now Supports Apple TV too!

Progress hasn’t stopped for the Firemote Project! Today I released the newest version, which supports Apple TV device control!

Great! What is it?

For those who haven’t used it before, Firemote is a custom card designed to emulate the exact look and feel of your Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Chromecast, NVIDIA Shield, and Xiaomi Mi media devices. This card is easily installable through HACS, and easily configured through the UI.

Full instructions (including how to do it without HACS) can be found here: https://github.com/PRProd/HA-Firemote/

Or, click this handy shortcut to get started:
Open your Home Assistant instance and open a repository inside the Home Assistant Community Store.

6 Likes

Great work! Loving it for the firestick. Trying to get it to work with my apple tv but the Apple TV is greyed out. Thoughts?

1 Like

Greetings @NorthPop!

It appears that you have a version of Firemote prior to v3.0.0 installed. Any version 3.0.0 and newer will allow Apple TV to be selected from that menu.

If you have upgraded to the newest version, and you still see that option greyed out, then it’s a cache issue in your browser or mobile app.

IF you’ve downloaded the newest version AND you’ve done everything you know how to do to clear the cache on your device/browser, then you might find discussion #74 to be useful.

I hope this helps!

Thank you Doug for pointing me to the right direction. I was able to clear the Chrome Cache by:

Open Chrome and click More (the three dots) on the upper right of the browser, then select More tools. Click Clear Browsing Data. Check the boxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files. Click Clear data.

Then for the IOS app I had to clear the cache there also by doing this:

Settings>Companion App>debugging>reset frontend cache then reloading the screen.

Thank You!

1 Like

That’s great news! HA cache can be very very sticky sometimes. I’m especially glad that I took the time to write that super long response in the discussion! It’s helped more than one person now!