FireTV Server (latest)

I used the repo from greylurk as template to create a FireTV Server based on the latest version of python-firetv

2 Likes

Thanks for this, can you explain how to use for a novice?

This addon is just the solution for the server described for the standard fire-tv component https://home-assistant.io/components/media_player.firetv/.

But be careful. If you are switching your fire tv off, by pulling the plug this server will crash.
See the bug #36 of happyleavesaoc/python-firetv.
I thought the latest version with the Pull #37 could fix this.

I too would like to use this but am a novice. If I understand correctly, would this let me use Fire TV with python 3 instead of python 2? I am deperately trying to get my Fire TV to work with Home Assistant but I don’t know how to set up python 2.7 to run firetv because I’m using python 3 for HA.

Thanks

Hello,
Thank you for this addon.
How can I add multiple Fire TV’s
Thanks

hi,

I can’t get the add-on to install on my hassio setup, I add the repository as explained, and like many other addons, but when I try to install, the box just flashes red and I get the following details in my log.

17-11-13 20:45:46 INFO (SyncWorker_13) [hassio.dock.addon] Start build 018272f7/armhf-addon-firetv:0.1.0 17-11-13 20:45:47 ERROR (MainThread) [aiohttp.server] Error handling request Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py", line 416, in start resp = yield from self._request_handler(request) File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web.py", line 323, in _handle resp = yield from handler(request) File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/api/util.py", line 31, in wrap_api answer = await method(api, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/addons/addon.py", line 474, in install if not await self.docker.install(self.last_version): File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/dock/util.py", line 18, in wrap_api return await method(api, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/dock/addon.py", line 219, in _install return self._build(tag) File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/dock/addon.py", line 232, in _build image = self.docker.images.build(**build_env.get_docker_args(tag)) File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/docker/models/images.py", line 175, in build raise BuildError(chunk['error']) docker.errors.BuildError: Please provide a source image with from prior to commit

Thanks for any help you can give,

Is the crashing thing fixed? I just moved to hass.io. On hassbian I had a cronjob to restart the server every 5 minutes

Install in hass.io worked great!

How about some automatic restart? Maybe a cronjob every 5 minutes would do the job. Even better if checks if the fire tv is responding to pings and the server is down

Hey,
I tried installing my firetv. What am I doing wrong? I’m getting the following logs:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/firetv-server", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('firetv==1.0.5', 'console_scripts', 'firetv-server')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/firetv/__main__.py", line 242, in main
    _add_devices_from_config(args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/firetv/__main__.py", line 231, in _add_devices_from_config
    add(device, config['devices'][device]['host'])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/firetv/__main__.py", line 88, in add
    devices[device_id] = FireTV(str(host))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/firetv/__init__.py", line 99, in __init__
    self.connect()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/firetv/__init__.py", line 109, in connect
    serial=self.host)
TypeError: unbound method ConnectDevice() must be called with AdbCommands instance as first argument (got nothing instead)

Best

I am getting the same thing
 however i found the issue.

firetv depends on python-adb, a pure-python implementation of the ADB protocol. It and its dependency M2Crypto are written for Python 2. Until they support Python 3, or an alternative is available, firetv will not support Python 3. The HTTP server is provided as a way for Python 3 (or other) software to utilize the features of firetv.

So unless you roll back your HASSIO it will not work right now!

1 Like

Correct. :frowning:

Any advice for adding multiple devices? I have 3 firetv’s I would like to add to this addon

Hey Noob Hassio have fire tv and i get this error all he time i tried everything any help please
Thank in advance

Blockquote config
{
“devices”: [
{
“name”: “default”,
“host”: “192.168.1.117:5555”
}
]
}

error
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File “/usr/bin/firetv-server”, line 11, in
> load_entry_point(‘firetv==1.0.6’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘firetv-server’)()
> File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/firetv/main.py”, line 244, in main
_> add_devices_from_config(args)
_> File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/firetv/main.py”, line 233, in add_devices_from_config
> add(device, config[‘devices’][device][‘host’], config[‘devices’][device][‘adbkey’])
> KeyError: ‘adbkey’