Firmware updates of Zooz z-wave devices through HA is amazing

Had notification that there were updates. Five Zooz switches had updates. Installed just as you would any HA update. Don’t think z2m can do that with Zigbee devices? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

+1 for Zooz and Zwave

You are wrong.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve never seen one. Is it because my Aqara water and door sensors haven’t had any updates?

Possibly? Look at your OTA tab in Z2m and find out?

Would those show up as regular Home Assistant updates as the Zooz ones did?

You can read it here
I updated only my aquara plugs few years ago. There are some other devices that can be updated but none of those are end devices. Those are all routers. Maybe someone saw an firmware update for end device but I didn’t.
I don’t personally care much about it. If factory firmware was good in the start basically there is no need for firmware update for a long long time.

2 Likes

Yes. They do.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the informative quick answers.

1 Like

That’s Zigbee - not zwave.

Zwave Zooz devices are showing with updates - and it’s awesome. Looks like this:

and this dialog:

This is a ZEN72 device. Very slick!

To further clarify, I am using Zwave-JS (rather than the more native zwave integration), and these updates showed up after I upgraded HA to 2024.4.0.

Edit: Just read OP again. Z2M does have network updates, and it works well as well. However, it’s not natively integrated into HAs update system (so less graceful) and does take a lot longer (seems either the size is lower on zwave, or it’s speed is higher).

It very much is - I currently have two devices failing a botched Ota update from Aquara over and over. I had to turn off updates on those two devices so they’d stop showing on the HA repairs panel and stop irritating me.

I updated my Zen72 dimmer from FW 3.1 to FW 3.3 and now the dimmer does not dim as low as it did with FW 3.1

Has anyone else experienced this? I still have few Zen72 on FW 3.1 because I use the lowest brightness as a nightlight.