Firmware upgrades

Hi,
Would like to contribute and help myself and community.
I can do this in Python if someone explains to me what is involved and where to go from here.
I use HA in my house but I run it on linux, without docker or PI or anything else. For that matter i do not use Python virtual env ether.

I have tons of stuff configured and working from switches, blinds to nests and everything in-between. The biggest issue I have now is simple buggy firmware that i need to upgrade on the switch.
Now I do not want to use windows and I do not have one in my house. How is possible to upgrade a firmware of the light switch Inovelli via HA and openzwave and pyzwave…
It seems that is not possible at this point.
I am willing to write whatever is needs to get this thing going, but to me this is just simply crazy that in this day and age with devices that are complex and expensive and have ability to flash firmware, there is no utility in linux world and zwave protocol to accommodate this. I might be wrong here but please correct me if I am and suggest some options if you are aware of anything that can do the job…

OpenZWave does not support firmware upgrades at all. That’s a dead end.

Z-Wave JS, via zwavejs2mqtt, already supports firmware upgrades. A future release of HA will also support firmware upgrades for the zwave_js integration.

Thanks, i just got same responses from other folks on reddit and inovelli …