First time adding Z-wave devices... dead?

I’m working at adding my First Z-wave device. Its a GE smart switch, coming up in the software as Jasco Products 14292 In-Wall Smart Toggle Switch. After adding it, the status is “Dead (Session)”. It seem to add okay, there is all kinds of info here… but no worky worky. Where do I go from here? I’ve rebooted, healed, etc. Not sure what the next step is?

Raspberry PI running Hass.IO and the Nortek USB stick.

Dead means it’s not responding to the controller.

That might mean that it’s too far from the controller. It might mean there’s interference from a WiFi router close to the stick (or switch). It might also mean that there’s too many things in the way (like the metal case of the PC).

I had some issues with devices showing up dead at first… (About a day after adding) I only added a couple devices at first… it seems that once I added everything (only 6 devices) and healed network has been good for a few weeks now. I also added a powered switch in my garage because my opener was randomly going dead…

My motion sensor I had to exclude and include again but my Schlage lock would no longer be dead after just pulling the battery for like 10 seconds… good luck