Fix for WOL (wake-on-lan) or power on for LG webOS 6 TV's

If you have an LG webOS tv running version 6 (kisscurl-kavir), attempting to turn on your TV will fail if you haven’t configured wake-on-lan in your configuration.yaml file. This would typically be as simple as enabling TV On with Mobile, however the version 6’s interface is significantly redesigned, with the home menu being similar to Vizio’s SmartCast OS. Version 6 comes enabled by default with something similar to Windows’ fast boot called Quick Start+, which doesn’t shut down the TV, yet ironically doesn’t listen to LAN, thus doesn’t listen for WOL packets. In order to fix this, you need to turn off Settings > All settings > General > System > Devices > TV Management, and turn off Quick Start+. Keep in mind, Turn on via Wi-Fi will still need to be enabled (Settings > All settings > General > System > Devices > External Devices > TV On with Mobile), but this will just allow it to listen to the LAN when the TV is completely off.

TL;DR: Settings > All settings > General > System > Devices > TV Management, and turn off Quick Start+.

6 Likes

I think you just fixed a long standing annoyance I have with the TV in my wife’s office… *runs off to go check…

1 Like

Haha did it work?