[Fixed #69908] HVAC mode not saved with scene.create automation

Hello fellow community,

i’m struggling with creating a scene where my climate hvac state is saved and restored. I read the depending documentation for scenes, tried a search in this board and couldn’t find a suitable match. So on to the details which you hopefully can sort out for me.
For testing I set a certain Temperature and hvac to heat. Start the automation to generate the scene and set hvac to off. After activating the scene nothing happens. Later I found out if I manually set hvac to heat and enable the scene the Temperature will be set correctly, but hvac won’t. Tried many scenarios and now stuck. It looks like the state of the hvac entity is not saved in the scene snapshot.

Cheers,
Cilahn

• I try a straight forward window open → save scene → hvac off | window close → activate scene automation
  • Thermostat is a Spirit ZWave made by Eurotronics with firmware: 0.16
  • For testing i set a certain Temperature and hvac to heat. Start the automation to save generate the scene and set hvac to off. After activating the scene nothing happens. Later i found out if i manually set hvac to heat and enable the scene the Temperature will be set correctly, but hvac won’t. Tried many scenarios and now stuck
  • Window open script:
alias: Arbeitszimmer Fenster auf
description: ''
trigger:
  - type: opened
    platform: device
    device_id: cc1d6f3c8b576d13cb3ea3533227bfbb
    entity_id: >-
      binary_sensor.tur_fensterkontakt_arbeitszimmer_z_wave_plus_access_control_window_door_is_open
    domain: binary_sensor
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 1
condition: []
action:
  - service: scene.create
    data:
      scene_id: auto_scene_az_window
      snapshot_entities:
        - climate.thermostat_arbeitszimmer_5
  - service: climate.set_hvac_mode
    data:
      hvac_mode: 'off'
    target:
      device_id: 005d69cebf92b878636ce389d8cfe96d
mode: single
  • Window closed script
alias: Arbeitszimmer Fenster zu
description: ''
trigger:
  - type: not_opened
    platform: device
    device_id: cc1d6f3c8b576d13cb3ea3533227bfbb
    entity_id: >-
      binary_sensor.tur_fensterkontakt_arbeitszimmer_z_wave_plus_access_control_window_door_is_open
    domain: binary_sensor
condition: []
action:
  - service: scene.turn_on
    target:
      entity_id: scene.auto_scene_az_window
    metadata: {}
mode: single

This has being identified as a bug and being fixed in “Fix climate HVAC device condition by frenck · Pull Request #69908 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Changed the the title to fixed

Nope, still not working :frowning: