FIXED: Ecovacs Deebot 2019 & OZMO Series - Working Library

Dumb question: @Andrea_Liosi, how do I go about adding this? :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

Hey! Just download the repo from Github and add the folder deebot in custom_components to your custom_components folder. If you do not have one, just create it. After that, add the config @Andrea_Liosi posted into your configuration.yaml and then it should work. I am able to see it now.

I have a 930, and it would appear this isn’t working. I got a bunch of json and xml errors in the logs. Looks like this might be 950 specific.

Please share logs I will try to see if it’s a bug or 930 is xml based

UPDATE: State is now properly displayed and you can change fan speed

Yeah. I’ll post them over in github, to keep this thread clean.

Thanks for this. Are you planning to integrate this into the ecovacs component? If not could you add this to HACS?

I have an older Ecovacs Deebot Slim and the Ozmo 950. Unfortunately it seems like I need the ecovacs component for the Slim and the deebot component for the Ozmo. And because of this I also get two entities each, while for each component one entity doesn’t work.

BTW: I get a very long cryptic name for the Ozmo, you too?

Edit: Just noticed that the ecovacs component doesn’t work while the deebot component is installed. So currently it looks like I can only use one deebot in ha. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Adding this to HACS would be superb!
What I would love to see: a map like the users of the Roborock have so you can name areas and use voice commands to say: “Deebot, please clean the kitchen”.

Thank you for you working @Andrea_Liosi!

im tryng to integrate it in HACS but it gives me some problems. i still dont get it

BTW: I get a very long cryptic name for the Ozmo, you too?

It get the ID of the device if the nickname is not defined

Edit: Just noticed that the ecovacs component doesn’t work while the deebot component is installed. So currently it looks like I can only use one deebot in ha. Any suggestions?

It shouldnt be a problem, can you open a issue in the github repo with errors log?

Adding this to HACS would be superb!
What I would love to see: a map like the users of the Roborock have so you can name areas and use voice commands to say: “Deebot, please clean the kitchen”.

Im working about it :smiley:

1 Like

Where did you define the Nickname? I have the standard one in the app settings “DEEBOT OZMO 950 Series”

Will do that. Both components automatically set up both devices, so I tried to disable one each, but that also did not help, the ecovacs (compontent) slim stays unavailable. Will try it again, have a look at the logs and open an issue.

Under robot settings

1 Like

Now available on HACS!

1 Like

Cool! Under which name? Was not able to find it under “deebot” or “ecovacs”

Reload HACS data if you can’t see it

Ah, I see it now. Thanks again for all the work and quick replies! :slight_smile:

PS: for those on the 930, I figured out a problem with DEEBOT OZMO 930 vacuums: their firmware checks are broken. This could be a reason why these vacuums are still behind the 950.

Using a proxy dump on the phone, I was able to discover the 930 is making a 404 call to firmware updates:

This is pretty bad. I’ve emailed US Customer Support about this. Hopefully they’ll be able to get this to their engineers so they can update their servers to catch this URL.

But for now: firmware updates for the 930 are dead in the water. :frowning:

PPS: Also, as you can see from the URL, the firmware version is 1.9.9. According to their site, 900 series is on 2.x and uses the “new” ECOVACS Home app. While the 930 does use the ECOVACS Home app, it’s not on 2.x. This 2.x firmware is most likely the JSON change people are seeing here.

So I have managed to changed the files as per the posts higher up, I can now find the entity in my HA but I can`t operate the bot for some reason I get the bellow

9:25 PM custom_components/deebot/vacuum.py (ERROR)

Ping did not reach VacBot. Will retry.

9:25 PM /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ozmo/init.py (WARNING)

You do find those kinds of “errors” quite a bit in HA. It could just mean that it’s not connected to the vac yet. Leave it for an hour or two and see if it fixes itself. You could also try manually telling the vac to do some cleaning & then charging. Sometimes it seems the device needs to operate before HA can get the initial status from it.

I struggled to get this working for my 907(900 series Deebot, I think from Costco, white).
Anyway, I kept getting an error ‘Crypto.PublicKey.RSA’ has no attribute ‘import_key’
Turns out I had to install or upgrade Crypto. At the terminal I used: pip3 install crypto. For good measure, I also did pip install crypto. At the same time I also used pip3 install pycrypto and pip install pycrypto.
Again, I’m fairly noob to this but that’s what finally ended up working for me after I followed the above instructions for the custom component.

I haven’t been able to check for the other sensors/commands but at least Deebot loaded and I can see and activate my vacuum.