(Fixed in iOS 14 b6) iOS 14 beta 5 reloads every time you click on link

Nice. Same problem on Chrome

iOS 14 beta 6 fixes this issue :tada:

5 Likes

Public beta is out now too

1 Like

Yep same here. All good in the hood now.

Came here to post the same thing. Fixed in iOS 14 beta 6!

So relieved to see this working again. First thing I checked! Now to see if PB6 brought any other surprises…

I have been banging my head against the wall for DAYS trying to figure out why my phone would not work. Didn’t even cross my mind that it could be iOS 14 because it has been fine since the start of 14. I have been tweaking my platform for the past few days trying to figure this out. Glad its not just me! Downloading PB6 as we speak!

Just installed beta 6. All working again. Phew

I can confirm workin ok with beta 6

Same issue on 14.0 released version

Yup, although they fixed it a couple weeks ago, Apple frustratingly shipped an older build of Safari Mac as the “stable” one.

Bram included a workaround for this on the frontend side with today’s release of Home Assistant 0.115, so if you upgrade to that you shouldn’t experience the issue anymore.

The other option if you don’t feel like upgrading to new Home Assistant releases right away would be to use Safari Technology Preview which is a newer build and doesn’t have the issue.

Thanks for that, I’ll have a chat with Apple. Unfortunately .115 completely trashes KNX and the fix is quite a lot of work as I have a big KNX installation with 50 devices and thousands of data points. My big frustration with HASS is that the software build is so unstable, the maintenance overhead is a serious problem. I don’t wish to undermine the fantastic work people have put into it, but we desperately need a stable and supported “LTS” version and scripts that makes the appropriate changes to the configuration file when breaking changes are implemented.

You know what’s funny. it is not broken on the GM(Golden Master) of ios 14.0 release. that said what happen with KNX?

.150 and above means you basically have to reconfigure all your YAML entries for KNX, a not insignificant job for my HASS configuration. I just have not got time for right now. Hardly a release goes by when the long list of breaking changes causes me to have to fix several things. It’s such a pity because the concept of Home Assistant is so good and so many people have put in so much good work, It’s just not supportable if you want something that “just works” where new releases don’t mean you have to constantly go back an update configuration.

I am experiencing the same problem, I am on 115.3 and just updated to iOs 14.0.1(18A393) can someone point me in the right direction?

The latest public Safari 14.0.1 Beta 1 fixes this issue.