(Fixed in iOS 14 b6) iOS 14 beta 5 reloads every time you click on link

iOS beta 5 refreshes the page every time you click on a toggle in the app. The login button is affected somehow. to log in i had to use enter on the on screen keyboard.

edit/update: i don’t think this is an app issue. I think this is a safari/ ios 14 beta 5 issue. I am not sure if there is anything we can do other than to submit feedback to apple. I just hope to understand a little better why this is happening. ie where did apple **** up. I already submitted a bug report along with this demo link. https://demo.home-assistant.io/#/lovelace/0 since the same thing was happening on this “demo” link. lets hope this is not one of apple’s new “features” to break more things…

4 Likes

im having the same issues, i can’t login using the mobile app or safari at all.

1 Like

Same here, and I agree it seems to be Beta 5’s fault

1 Like

Same issue here. Looks to be a WebKit issue, as it affects safari and the application.

Using the enter key on the keyboard let me login. However still having issues with controlling devices, causing the interface to reset, but at least I can get notifications and see status. Just need to remember not to control anything in app.

Submitted a bug report to Apple as well. Also had a similar issue in my local library app, so hopefully will be fixed in the next beta.

3 Likes

Thanks! The enter key worked for me too.

Tried logging in with chrome on my iPhone with 14b5… problem there to…

Does chrome uses WebKit as well?

You can follow this issue on the repo. However, I strongly suggest anyone affected by this submits the feedback to Apple via the ffedback app. You can submit something similar to:

Crash when tapping button in web view and Safari (new in iOS 14.0b5)
Visit https://demo.home-assistant.io and tap any button/toggle. Safari and a WKWebView will both have the rendering process crash. The same behaviour is seen in MacOS with the latest Safari Technology Preview Release.

4 Likes

All browsers in iOS are basically just Safari with a different skin.

1 Like

This is actually pretty devastating… I was tempted to reflash my phone back to iOS 13 had I not also enrolled my Apple Watch to watchOS 7. Just going to have to suffer through this until Apple gets it together. Thanks for the tip on the Enter key for login; at least I can view my devices and their states.

Feedback submitted. Thanks for the easy copy/paste.

Having same issue on new Public Beta.

Same here on my iPad with iOS 14 Beta 5…

Just updated last night, same issue here with beta 5

Same issue on beta 5 for me. I am able to click sidebar items and badges just fine but when I try to trigger something it reloads. Weird

Is there an easy way to go back to beta 4? Or do I need iTunes and reload from a backup?

Just to keep everyone in the loop, this bug was reported to both Google and Apple (here and here.)

Liz from Google was able to reproduce it, figured out the exact cause of the issue, and passed that info along to Apple. Robbie also made sure a WebKit engineer was notified about the bug.

So it’s been escalated to the proper people at Apple, all we can do now is wait and hope it gets fixed soon.

15 Likes

Same issue here. Thanks Sean for the follow up.

Further update. There has been a fix merged into WebKit. Fingers crossed that makes it into the next round of betas

6 Likes

Same problem here. Was almost on the way to reinstall. Haha damn bugs

Confirmed that iOS 14 beta 6 fixes this issue. The dev beta was just released, but if you’re on the public beta that will likely be out tomorrow.

5 Likes