Fixed IP for Hass to talk to Deconz gw using ConbeeII

Hi all,
I currently have a ConbeeII USB stick in my Debian box (PC Engines APU) with Deconz on top and finally HA (not hass.io) installed. Everything works (lights, sensors etc) as I want but when I move networks, i.e. I take my Debian box somewhere else (this happens regularly) then everything goes horribly wrong.

It seems that what happens is that the main IP of the Debian GW changes, which is expected, but this means that the old IP for the Deconz GW is no longer valid and so HA fails to connect and I have to go add the newly discovered Deconz GW with the new IP - this is every time the main IP changes which is regularly as I travel on trains for > 10 hours/week and do most of my work on HA during this time.

What I was trying to look at was maybe telling HA that the IP for Deconz is 127.0.0.1:8080 rather than letting it work out the IP on it’s own through discovery, but I can’t find anyway to do that. I can’t see why using the loopback IP would be a problem as HA and the Conbee are on the same machine.

Does anyone know how I can do this or if there is another, better way to avoid having to re-add the Deconz GW after each change to the main IP of the machine?

Thanks,
Richard

You could enable ssdp in homeassistant which would allow hass to discover deconz when it changes ip and update adress automatically

Hi @Robban, thanks for the tip. I have played around with Zeroconf in the past but not SSDP. I will have a one about and see if I can get it to do what I what.

Thanks again.

Rich