Flash Tasmota on Zemismart Downlight

After watching this video(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5gju3l6AFQ&list=PL2K_mITBS8g2oSPejBtAmMTGZbYQV2p6u&index=4&t=14s), I purchased some of the Zemismart downlights and attempted to follow the guide.

The board on the lights I got are different than in the video. My lights do not have the single LED chip at above the 8266 chip. I still attempted to flash them with my FTDI adapter but it would not connect. I also attempted to use Tuya Convert, but it also failed.

Does anyone know if these lights are still able to be flashed with Tasmota?

We don’t know what lights you got, so impossible to tell. If you posted a picture of the board, we could look at it.

I’ll get a pic when I get home, but they are the Zemismart lights linked in the video description.

Here is a pic of the board in the Zemismart lights I got.

As you can see the LED controller as seen in the video is not there, but there are 5 smaller chips that are not present on the original board in the video. This is the original board from the video:
ZemiOriginal

Can anyone tell me if Tasmota is still able to be flashed on this light with the different board? If it can, is there another way to do it other than with an FTDI adapter or Tuya Convert? I have tried both ways and it fails each time.

The image of your board is too small/lacks details to see.

How’s this? Best I could get with my phone.

You can clearly see where and, Rx, tx, 3.3and io0 are in this picture. So yes, flashing with a FTDI should work.

Thats what I figured, but it fails every time. Tried, Tuya Convert OTA and it didn’t work either.

have you had success flashing anything else with your ftdi?
you sure it works? have you got the drivers on your pc?

Yes, I have flashed a few RGB LED controllers and a couple of switches. I know the FTDI works.

then it should work. the chip is an 82XX.
so the only other option is you’re not getting correct contact.
you’ll need to weld the pins

And sometimes (very, very sometimes) you need to switch tx and rx.

You mean Tx to Tx and Rx to Rx?

Yes, it is very, very rare, but I have had a sonoff module which needed that.

Any update on this?

FTTI works with this controller you must connect GND with IO0 so the ESP is going in flash mode.

but what is the IO0 in the new version?

1 Like

Looks like they changed the board again…

I just got one of these bulbs too. Its a bit confusing with the RX1, RX2, TX1, and TX2. My assumption is that the EN pad is to enable flashing mode. I was hoping someone had already gotten some experience with this.