Flashed Sonoff Touch with ESPEasy for control via MQTT and HA

received this in arduino, meaning it did not boot in download mode or?

warning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

retried now

Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\Claudio\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_732757\core\core_esp8266_esp8266_generic_CpuFrequency_80,FlashFreq_40,FlashMode_dio,UploadSpeed_115200,FlashSize_1M64,ResetMethod_ck,Debug_Disabled,DebugLevel_None_____64d1e5d3835685036026a51854db1cf4.a
Lo sketch usa 448808 byte (46%) dello spazio disponibile per i programmi. Il massimo è 958448 byte.
Le variabili globali usano 42584 byte (51%) di memoria dinamica, lasciando altri 39336 byte liberi per le variabili locali. Il massimo è 81920 byte.
Uploading 452960 bytes from C:\Users\Claudio\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_656768/sonoff.ino.bin to flash at 0x00000000
… [ 18% ]
… [ 36% ]
… [ 54% ]
… [ 72% ]
… [ 90% ]
… [ 100% ]

now should be ok right?

Is there a way to check if all went well ( without dismantling all, put the sonoff back, install the sonoff to a socket …
and then discover something went wrong …)

No luck with Sonoff product. The electrical connection is not working. Not sure why.

My physical electric switch has 2 cables only.

The Sonoff Touch has 3 jacks (Neutral, Line In, Line Out). I tried all combinations

one cable Neutral other Line In - turn main on - press touch
one cable Neutral other Line Out - turn main on - press touch
one cable Line In other Line Out - turn main on - press touch

but light never does turn on … bah …

that’s because the sonoff touch doesn’t work with your lighting standard. Your classic switch only has the L wire by which it turns the light on or off. Sonoff touch requires the neutral wire (or 0) to close the power circuit and power itself and that means you need an electrician.

You can still test it by connecting the ftdi back as when you flashed which will give power to the ESP chip so you can go into the web ui of the touch and mess with it.

There is a blue led that activates when the switch is powered so that will inform you whether it is connected or not

Warning: you’re messing with live electricity by connecting wires, apparently without sufficient knowledge, and that is dangerous.

1 Like

Do you that I could still do that without soldering for this board?
Or do I might need pogo pins?
There’s no empty holes on the pcb, but you can see the tx,rx,gnd & 3v3, labeled here

It’s another itead based wall switch that comes with 2/3 gangs
More info on this thread

https://www.letscontrolit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2721

Unfortunately,looks as if for that switch soldering is required unless you’re an octopus with perfectly still hands/tentacles

you may try (it is difficult though) taping header wires with 3M tape

Haha, I wish
I’m just afraid I might mess up the soldering

Would it affect the data connection using tape?
Have you got your sonoff working now? Assuming you’ve got neutral cable wired

tape just for flashing the firmware. An insulating tape is insulating electrically, can’t do any harm (just make sure the pins are attached correctly)

have not, tried also on a plug that had a neuitral (so I think) and did not work, light goes not on

Well, I haven’t started to flash my firmware yet
Good news is the 3 gang switch I ordered just arrived today and it’s using the PSF-B85 (ESP8285)
https://www.itead.cc/psf-b85.html
https://www.itead.cc/wiki/PSF-B85

Is this similar to the one on Sonoff Touch?

Could need some help how to spot the rx,tx,3v3 & gnd for this board.
You can view the rest of the pics here

I bought the switch here

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.8149145.0.0.zs0utD&id=546758441258&_u=12avq0do7084

I’m sure there’s an aliexpress link somewhere

Hi,

first, thanks a lot to @xbmcnut for the videos and the detailled instruction in your blog. Seems pretty clear to me on what to do, but I have the EU version off the Sonoff Touch, and my board layout seems to be quite different from the US version, which is causing my some pain.
Could anybody please point out which pins (3.3V, RX, TX, GND) refer to what opening in the board?And especially for GPIO0 I have no absolutely no clue.

Ah, and another thing, @xbmcnut: How did you compile your own version of ESPEasy for the ESP8285? I would like to do that for the v2 of ESPEasy, to have the same version on the Sonoff then on my other ESP82266s.

Many thanks in advance!

Best,
Christian

Can’t help you with pinouts but you don’t need to compile any more unless you need a specific plugin. If you have a look inside the Mega V2 zip file, you’ll find a ESP8285 version already there.

1 Like

This may help? How to flash ¡ davidmpye/Sonoff-Touch-MQTT Wiki ¡ GitHub

1 Like

Awesome, thanks man, for both of your answers! :slight_smile:

Managed to flash the Sonoff touch with ESPEasy and also did all the config as per your instructions, went pretty fine.

NoW I´ve replaced one of my “normal” light switches with the touch, but it doesn´t seem to be working at all, no light turns on when I press it, no LED, I also cannot ping it… Any ideas?

Thx,
Christian

When you first set it up on 192.168.4.1, was everything working then? Is it joined to your WiFi?

Yes, that went perfectly well. Flashed the device with ESPEasy, connected to 192.168.4.1, entered my WiFi information, connected to ESPEasy web interface, configured everything there, then replaced my old light switch with it, and now it doesn´t connect to the WiFi, no LED turns on, and also my lamp doesn´t react when I touch it.