Flashed Sonoff Touch with ESPEasy for control via MQTT and HA

You definitely have a neutral connected in the wall?

As @xbmcnut says, you havenā€™t connected power properly sounds the most likely suspect.

When you say you replaced the old light switch, have you literally just taken the wires from it and put them into the Touch?

You definitely have a neutral connected in the wall?

Yes. Can upload a photo later on.

When you say you replaced the old light switch, have you literally just taken the wires from it and put them into the Touch?

Yes, thatĀ“s exactly what I did.

So thatĀ“s how I connected it, itĀ“s exactly how the previous light switch was wired.

So the previous light switch had a neutral connection?

So the previous light switch had a neutral connection?

Not sure to understand what you mean by ā€œneutral connectionā€, IĀ“m not an electrician or very familiar with house electrics, also english is not my native languageā€¦
Could you please elaborate a bit what you mean by your question?

I will try to find out with a multimeter, later when at homeā€¦

Single gang light switches only tend to have two wires which splits the live connection to the light fitting. If it was a two-way circuit, or three-way switch as the wierdos on the other side of the Atlantic like calling it :), there would be three but none of them is a neutral.

If it makes it simpler, think of it in DC terms, Live would be positive and usually red wires, Neutral would be negative and usually black wires. You need both for power but a lot of houses donā€™t have neutral to the switch.

Hope that helps.

1 Like